Carvon EVO Group Buy Thread - KickStarter - Who's gonna help Jerry take it over the top? $999 plus $60 shipping USA - Landyachtz Deck included

$4,995 for 5 Evo’s 2 WD ($999 each)

We got @Blacksheep in… Who’s with him.?

1 Like

Are these including the Landyachtz board? Also is shipping included in the $999 price? Is there a spec sheet of the equipment being used? Delivery date?

What he said.

If it’s with the Landyachtz deck and guaranteed to used A123 cells, I might be in.

@Landshark and @Eboostin

Shipping is $60

Landyachtz is included with the KS

1 Like

Let’s do this hehe

Need two more to make five I guess

Bump bump wazzz up this deal will close out

1 Like

Some pics with the Landyachtz EVO deck and Shred Lights. The built-in wedging on the EVO wedges your front truck 15 degrees and de-wedges your back truck 15 degrees. The wedging in the front adds turn to the truck, while the de-wedging in the back adds lean – the result is increased turning in the front and increased stability in the back.

7 Likes

How good are these “hub” motors?

@ArmandR I’ve tried dual 2.5 at 10s … amazing power and speed … very smooth … can handle hills … and brakes are awesome … def a ride to be proud of

2 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed my Carvons but I did a little mini review if you want to know my thoughts on the V3’s which are technically dual direct drive rather than hubs.

6 Likes

I’m currently riding the v2.5 and it’s fantastic. Smooth and very responsive. Minimal resistance, consistent power, and fewer failure points. Given Jerry’s history, I have no doubts that the v3’s will be a substantial upgrade.

1 Like

I have 4-5 eSk8 builds lying around, so when I got Carvon v2.5s from Jerry awhile back they sat in a box for months. I was not sold on the hub motors alternative (had one build but the torque was really lacking so sat on shelf), but wanted to give them a shot. Now that I installed them recently on a build and rode for a few weeks, really wish I had done that beforehand! The torque is way more than I expected, even with 97mm uro, and top speed not lacking either (even though lower KV than v2). This sold me on hub motors being more of a future than I had anticipated, as I had tried them for more off a stealth profile in NYC. Direct drive even more so, I expect the Raptor2, Carvon EVO/REVO, Ollin Direct, Hummie, and other next generation hub/direct drives are going to change the equation so worth trying. I urge you to find someone local to borrow/trial, they really need to be ridden to experience!

It’s funny, people are worried abt the torque …and it pulls like a freight train on duals…

And def beg a try on someone’s board if you can it’s an amazing ride

2 Likes

Actually that is a good, point…one time one of my hubs wiring dropped and I had to ride single hub, really showed me the big difference. Same speed roughtly, but really weak torque acceleration in comparison. I am 190lbsb btw so really do need dual, but was surprised at the magnitude of difference on torque, so caveat there on single.vs dual.

It’s a huge difference…I know there are are a few nay sayers out there…prob because they had the higher kv motors…and yeah un-sensored with a high kv…not a good combo for anything low speed…but the 2.5 version really gives it a nice rush of power that you can feel… And now with the addition of that replaceable wheel thingy … it makes it really sweet … no need for proprietary thane…I guess that’s the deal breaker for me on all the new hub motors out there. For me it matters, for others it don’t.

If I opt-in, do I pay you or do I pay carvon? Do distributor packs get preference over individual orders?

Pay me… I pay the pack… I send address …boom

@Eboostin who else is in?

So 1050 total?