Carbon fiber look hand painted on a maple deck?

You’ve done a good job and all. However, I really dont get the whole fake carbon fibre thing myself. A Carbon fibre reinforced board would be nice to see, i dont know how practical it is though.

I think this is such a good idea for anyone that likes carbon finer look but doea not want to use carbon fiber or apend the money or maybe juat dont have it! This was a copy of a cool promotional video that I did with the board that I would have wanted this board 10x more than the plain maple look but still have not lost any flex as I would have with the carbon deck!

1 Like

I do not like plain stuff and love that this changes in the lighting from black to not and the skull goes from not being there to being tbere! It is just a cool holographic painting teqnique that can make your plain board look 1,000,000 times better!!! Look at the short how to video I did and say that the finished product does not look a million times better!!!

Also I paint my helmets and controllers and carrying bag all to look way better and I have people walk up from across the street or in groups to look at the boards after complete by 10x more than previous

1 Like

This is the most recent themed board and doing another this week for anyone interested you can Check it out on the channel but will blow these away hopefully if interested SUBSCRIBE to BUFFALO ESKATE

1 Like

you and @LunarKim would get along

11 Likes

If anyone wants to try it:

1 Like

Don’t be a poser when it comes to carbon fiber, other vinyl art work is one thing, but if it’s CF you want, get CF otherwise it just comes off as tacky no matter how many clear coats you add to give it depth.

Also stop it with the

3 Likes

Who? If me what am I selling other than free info of how to do a cheap sit project with a wooden deck with nothing but spray paint for showing different effects I can achieve with nothing but a can of spray paint!!! If you can do the effect and then choose not to that is fine but what is taky is putting someine down on every post they share of their artwork they do just as a hobby that most people could not accomplish themselfs with as good of results, and the point is to do something with what you got and end up with something that thousands of people have jaw dropped when seeing it and could not even tell it was done by hand in about one hour on a rainy night just to take an ugly plain board and make it look100% better!!! The goal is also to achieve a color changing pattern shifting holographic 3d effect!!! And by hand with what you may already have and the deck still has all of the flex it had to start to where carbon fiber would not have as much as a bamboo or other type deck! If you would spend $200 over $20 And just toss a good deck that is on you! I am not rich and make the best with what I got so sorry if my board looks take to you but that is about 0.01 percent and for a first time doing it and 1 hour and only $20 I think I did good! GOOD ENOUGH THAT THE C.E.O OF THE COMPANY SEEN MY BOARD SOMEHOW ON HIS OWN WHEN I FIRST DID IT AND HAD A REP CONTACT ME ABOUT IT IMEDIAYLY TO PASS ALONG A MESSAGE OF BEING UTTERLY BLOWN AWAY!!! SO AGAIN SORRY IF TACKY TO YOU BUT YOU KNOW WHICH BOARDS AND POSTS ARE MINE AND DON’T NEED TO STALK ME AND POST ON MY WORK AS I HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN ONE PAINTING PROJECT FROM YOU AT ALL AND IF I CAN END UP WITH A BOARD THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS AND I HAVE TRAVELED ON 2,000 MILES IN A YEAR AND STILL LOOKS THIS GOOD AND RIDES THIS GOOD FOR UNDER $500 MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THAN IF I PAID A GRAND OR MORE AND HAD SOME UGLY PLAIN BOARD OR SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE’S!!! SO AGAIN IF YOU DON’T LIKE MY PROJECTS AND THE FACT THAT I OUT INFO OUT HOW TO DO THE CHEAP PROJECT JUST KEEP MOVING BECAUSE THERE IS AT LEAST ONE BROKE PERSON LIKE ME OR CREATIVE PERSON OR PERSON THAT WOULD RATHER DO THIS THAN GET RID OF A PERFECTLY GOOD DECK THAT HAS THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF MILES OF LIFE LEFT PROBALY IN THE GRIP TAPE ALONE!!! WHICH HAS 2,000 MILES IN IT AND LOOKS BRAND NEW CUZ IF MY TESTING OF PRODUCTS AND FINDING SOMETHUNG TO SEAL GRIP TAPE WITH THAT MAKES IT CLEAN OFF BETTWR AND LAST FOREVER!!! AND THAT ONLY COST $10 AND WILL DO LIKE A DOZEN SHEETS OF HRIP TAPE MAKUNG YOU NEVER HAVE TO REPLACE GRIPE TAPE AS FREQUENTLY EVER AGAIN!!! BUT THAT IS PROBALY TAKY ALSO RATHER THAN JUST BUYING GRIP TAPE AT $10-$20 A SHEET EVERY 3-12 MONTHS!!! MY GOAL IS TO GIVE PEOPLE INFO THAT THEY MAY USE FOR FREE SO IF THAT IS SPAM IDK KNOW THE LINGO RIGHT AS I AM NOT SOME 14 YEAR OLD GIRL AND A TATTOO ARTIST BY TRAIT AND ALL AROUND ARTIST AND ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD FANATIC SO IF PUTTING ART AND CREATUVITY AND MAKING TRASH BETTER WITH LITTLE TO NOTHING I AM SORRY!!!

This rick and morty art I did in my kids phone that is not a real phone case is personally tacky also because I did not buy it and made it look how he wanted?

These are not real water drops! Is the water drop effect I did on one of the controllers tacky also?

wayyyyy TL;DR

2 Likes

@Mikenopolis There are a lot of downsides to working with actual carbon fiber - the resin is toxic and non-biodegradable, and the particulates created when sanding it are carcinogenic; requiring a lot of gear to properly protect yourself. Even cutting it with scissors will leave itchy micro-abrasions on your skin.

I’m not sure why you’re approaching this with a sense of elitism, we’re talking about artwork on decks. It doesn’t contribute anything to just put someone down for their efforts.

2 Likes

Please don’t CAPS bomb us.

I want you to understand something, because I’ve done channels too. This forum, is not the place for, “Hey check out my video and subscribe posts”. It’s just not that type of audience. I’ll give it to you for creativity, but simply post bombing with new videos and not building a relationship with the people of this forum, is not gonna help you build your channel, this isn’t a vlogging group. This is a bunch of skate nerds.

Create some meaningful posts other then “look at me”, and your channel will grow naturally.

2 Likes

It’s not elitism. I apologize for coming off as an a-hole but after reading all the post about these three “awesome” Koowheels in multiple threads it got to me…Maybe I’m the only one that feels his post are spamming for attention in order to sell them.

2 Likes

Stop reading them… you are not forced to… you can stop as soon as you see it is one of my 5 boards and call whatever your problem is as trying to call out spam… but not once did I say the boards were for sale anywhere in this post UNTILL AFTER you did!!! Nor did I after in any project posts!!! N call me a poser cuz I don’t choose what everybody else does??? Do u know what a poser is? A poser is someone that does everybody else n not himself! So why don’t u do u… n I will do me… and I will make sure to post right there in the first sentence of any post that I post from this point on… “DO NOT READ IF YOUR NAME IS MIKENOPOLIS!!!” AS THIS WAY U DO NOT HAVE TO WASTE MY TIME EVERY POST SINVE MY FIRST POST DOING NOTHING BUT THIS… I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO AS YOU CAN SEE WITH POSTING JUST SOME OF MY PROJECTS FROM JUST IN THE PAST WEEK OR 2 ONLY AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF YOURS… SO EITHER YOU DON’T GOT THE SKILL… R A POSER WITH A DECK THAT IS PLAIN LIKE THE MASSES OR WITH MASS PRODUVED DESIGN!!! I WANT TO SEE HOW DIFFERNT YOUR BOARD LOOKS CUZ I BET MY PLAIN MAPLE DECKS N $20 ONE OF A KIND IN THE WORLD CUSTOM HAND DONE PAINT JOB IS A POSER PAINT JOB??? AND IT IS FINISHED IN CLEAR EPOXY NOW… THE SAME STUFF USED ON CARBON FIBER!!! SO…??? I WANT TO SEE WHAT U HAVE AS FAR AS YOUR NOT POSER BOARD… CUZ IF U THINK BUYING A DECK THAT SOMEONE ELSE DID AND THEN MOST LIKELY COPYING SOMEONE ELSE’S BUILD AND NOT THINKING OF BUYING A PREBUILD AND BRAKING IT DOWN AND BUILDING WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT FOR CHEAPER AND ME AND MY CREW BEING THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE DONE IT STARTING A YEAR AGO AND NOW YEACHING OTHERS THE ADVANTAGE!!! YEAH POSER!!! BUT IT IS OK CUZ I LEARNED THAT PEOPLE THAT ATTACK OTHER PEOPLE WITH WHATEVER IS CUZ THEY R FEARFUL OF IT BEING SEEN IN THEM AND MUST FLIP IT N CALL OUT SOMEONE FOR WHAT THEY YRULLY R THEMSELFS

No I did not harass you. I was the one trying to help you in your old thread by telling you to post your sale (which is a good deal) on the FB Esk8 for sale page which I thought would actually be a better demographic to help you sell it. I was also the one who separated your hard to read ad to bullet points so the three boards’ details were easier to see because you have this tendency of not using punctuation.

I also forward your comments and video to Jerry at CarvOn about the battery fix you did since they use modified koowheel a. It was all meant to be helpful…as was the CF guide link. Maybe it was bad judgement of me to use the word poser. I was simply saying go for the real stuff. I used to work on cars and it was a sin to use CF vinyl. But I guess this is a different time since wrapping cars is common.

The so called harassment came when you decided to create other threads basically trying to advertise them.

-douchebag

And last thing is it is why I run a YouTube channel showing each and every project and test and experience so others can see from my experiences not the other way around! I figure it out myself and show others! At the risk of being spammy… with my whole 30k views on the channel and not one penny made only spent with it a ling with time to share all of this information and started with the projects and sharing experiences several months before I ever even decide to ever sell the boards!!! And if I sell all of them I am just replacing them with other boards i will customize for the next set of people as I did these and the last ones and it is always local sales cuz I am spotted on the streets all around the city and one of only a handful of riders in our city and every rider I have met here in the BUFFALO NIAGRA AREA is a now a part of the BUFFALO ESKATE CREW as well as the people we got into the world of ESKATE so I don’t need to push the sales as u claim the motive is cuz people c me with me being all over and then later are looking in the local ad and boom they see that board they were drooling over a week earlier!!!

Aint nobody got time to read a novella this early in the morning. Bury the hatchet and move on with your life’s

7 Likes