Can I charge through this loop key port?

Took me a minute to comprehend that wiring. No you could only use that for a loop key. Charge port would need to be on the same two leads as the vesc.

So I would need to plug in the loop key to charge?

Yes. Unless you put the loop key on the positive lead closer to the vesc than the charge port.

As @Cmaselli said. Do NOT connect the loop key to the antispark! If you do you will short your batteries and destroy them

2 Likes

If you connect this loop key you will blow up your battery. a loop key creates a short and it needs to create it on the plus or minus wire not between the plus and minus.

1 Like

Wait I’m confused now. First according to Colson003 this could only be used for a loop key. Now Cmaselli and Ishayc say it can only be for charging?

Pretty sure the orientation is messing with everyone.

This isn’t a common way of using a loop key, I’ve seen it done before. It’s just not common as you’d need the loop key connected to charge the pack.

3 Likes

Can you please provide some better pictures of your wiring? Or a schematics

Oh i now see that you have them all in series. confusing picture.

Sorry, the orientation was kind of confusing. @Colson003 has the clearer picture. Can I charge through that loop key port?

Oh shoot, you’re right. Sorry, I saw red and black going into the loop key xt90 and I freaked out lol

1 Like

Nope. You need to take the wires that are connected to the vesc and charge through them. Put the loop key between the charging port and the vesc.

No you can not charge through it. First problem is that you will need a 12s charger, which i doubt you have. You will also need to wire up the balance wires.

It’s 8s, and I have an 8s charger.

Oh, I belived it was an 12s setup. But still, you cant charge through that If I remember right Edit: Please post a schematics including Vesc and balance leads

Here’s one with the loop key still between the packs.

So to be clear, you CANT use the same port for both charge and loop key. You CAN have the loop key between packs, but it will also have to be connected when charging.