(UPDATED WITH LOCATION)California/Santa Monica meet up

I’m in Mar Vista as well. Unfortunately I’m currently SCP3 & VESCless :confused: Maybe i’ll get the rest of my stuff soon and I can get down too.

Hey! I’m in Glendale.

Very nice guys! We can get a group going. I’ll make a poll soon to see what day works best for everyone and we go from there!!

1 Like

@itsmikeholland

Hey dude! I’m in Mar Vista by the santa monica airport, I’m a vesc repair away from having my board completed. I’ll give you a holler as soon as I get it running!

Looks like we blew a primary trace with the reverse polarity event.

Luckily it only burned this section. Usually the sections between the fets will vaporize too!

I tinned what was left of the trace and soldered a section of nickel strip in place for the repair.

The miracle was that nothing else was fried!!?? Your VESC is good to go!

5 Likes

Holy cow that was so fast! I’m so relieved to see that the damage was so small, I think its definitely a testimony to the quality of your parts. This has been, without a doubt, the best customer service I’ve ever received on anything in my entire life. Thank you so much @chaka, I really appreciate the thorough explanation as well! I can’t wait to get this thing on the road!

1 Like

If you have time to sleep, you have time to ride!

Lol I’ll have the lady with me … Lol I think she’d be pissed if I ditched her for you guys loll

1 Like

I wanna bring my board so bad lol but me and the lady haven’t been away alone in 8 years and we got two days there and gotta be back to Vegas

No sweat dude. Totally get it. Next time for sure tho. I’ll be in Vegas doing things Vegas residents hate next weekend anyhow. And as noted- who knows when I’m gunna get the rest of my stuff.

If it is I’m board less but if it’s a standing opportunity then the next Sunday that I have a functional board I’m down

Lol…

But seriously if you see a dude like this mad dogging you guys as you pass by…

It’s prob me

6 Likes

Come on @LEVer when are you gonna make a run at those college boys over at boosted

Damn, how did I miss this thread…I’m in Redondo Beach. Next couple Sunday’s are bad though…

1 Like

@joeadams101 can you change the title to something more specific like "SoCal Meetup ‘date’ " ?

I think we should set a date in early September? How’s that sounds for all you SoCalers?