California loses another rider

Or like helmet+eskate= :grin:

Iā€™m really glad I saw this post. I will admit I have been quite stupid in the past riding without a helmet. Never again. My condolences to his family. I have shared the go fund me page with a few more friends in hopes they will also support his family.

RIP

7 Likes

I miss Miurskate. Iā€™m hoping for a comeback one day but I doubt it :frowning:

1 Like

Not that I really want anyone to get hurt. But I hope when this happens to him itā€™s going to be a bigger hit because he might end up saying something along the lines of scar are memories like my tattoos.

How about just putting a little helmet on the ā€œ8ā€ in eSK8? Even a half helmet would do to get the point across.

3 Likes

saved me last week. nailed a corner at about 45km/hr just misjudged the line :frowning:

4 Likes

ouch. prime example of why full face helmets are recommended. But then again, plenty of examples of why we should ride fully armored like Ironman

4 Likes

655 clicks and only $1248 ! If everyone had have just given $5 we would have doubled that.

1 Like

Makes you wonder about human compassion huh? We spend stupid amounts on this and that. A small donation shouldnā€™t be an issue. But thatā€™s people for ya. We all give in different ways.

he said something on instagram about working on some kind of reincarnation. i wonder what thatā€™s going to be.

1 Like

And yet sometimes I feel like the only oneā€¦ Although with more and more of my local crew riding with me around 30mph, itā€™s a complete 180 to last year. Thereā€™s only a couple that donā€™t have spine protectors, but otherwise covered head to toe like me.

3 Likes

my minimal armors

9 Likes

Not California, But Canada. Esk8er on an Evolve CGT has died from a hit and run.

Remember to wear your safety gear, but that doesnā€™t mean you wonā€™t get injured or killed. Hit & Run or not, he probably wouldā€™ve died. Be careful out there, slow it down and pay attention, because itā€™s not always you who has the control over the terrain or traffic. Dumba$$es often seem to have the upper hand for some reason

6 Likes

Thatā€™s terrible :frowning:

I donā€™t think he had any lights. Lights are extremely important at night not for you to see the road but for drivers to see you!

I have front and rear deck lights and a flashing red light on my back pack. I also usually ride at night in a group, brings down the risk but anything can happen.

1 Like

1:15 AM and serious head injury. Hit and run is wrong but I do wonder if he was wearing a helmet which couldā€™ve had a different outcome.

I used to test my boards at around 1 AM when thereā€™s no one on the road here. Thinking back, it there was a hit and run Iā€™ll probably lay there (possibly dead) for hours before anyone finds me.

1 Like

OMG this is so cruel. All my prayers go out to his beloved family. This is not the way it should be.I didnā€™t know this guy, but Im sharing the sadness. Rest in peace pilgrim.