Broken Boosted Board

He said he got the broken board for $305…

So you are able to find 12 genuine 20700A cells for under $60?

@Detonatedfrost

To get some replacement cells will cost about $120.

Not a bad deal at all over on eBay

Board $305 Remote $100 Charger $79 Shipping $50 Total $534 Board works great. Put a few miles on it tonight. I lucked out and batteries are fine… Its an early V1 with an orange light instead of green… They changed to green early on because it was confusing people.

1 Like

Guys i destroyed my boosted board v1BMS… now i want to change the bms the esc and the remote with custom hardware. Is it possible to connect the remote from boosted with a custom vesc?

You definitely can replace the hardware but the remote may be a bit too difficult for what it is worth, maybe a clone with standard receiver would be a better option. Anyway, here is a thread you might want to check out

You could get/build a firefly remote

Just out of interest…do you have link to BB remote clone ? :slight_smile: It is quite nice remote, I would consider it for my 2nd board :slight_smile:

The link that baxter posted above is a clone.

It uses arduino so it may involve some tinkering to setup but it has a display which could maybe be adjusted to display whatever you want which is pretty cool… :smiley:

1 Like

Yea, i know :slight_smile: I just meant if you know about chineese clones, since there are some chineese boards with similar remote :slight_smile: I dont have anything against the arduino based :slight_smile: I might try that just as a challenge :slight_smile:

Maybe this? Winning remote

Nah, I know that, unreliable :smiley: Unless you mod it a little bit :slight_smile:

Predator uses the same one :slight_smile: Maybe @PredatorBoards could tell us where to get it :smiley: But its probably secret, am I right? :smiley:

EDIT: They are bought from Winboard :slight_smile: Still I am interested if it were possbile to buy just a piece somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

they don’t have independent receivers. the receivers are soldered on to the custom escs.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is the sad case. It’s all proprietary stuff.

can anyone tell me what this little cable are doing if i connect the baterie to te big cables the esc is working and i can connect the remote to the boosted board v1 but i cant start the motor. I think the old bms has send an singnal on a lower voltage.

Thanks for help

here was the connection

1 Like

They make connection between ESC and BMS…this way they communicate together, which is also the reason, why you cant use ESC separably…

IDK why, boosted probably ensure that it cant by moded, it might have some advantages :slight_smile:

@Martinscce did you figure out how to replicate the CAN h/l data for your board to work again?

For others, is there a range of voltage accepted by the esc? I’m guessing yes, since they take on the extended packs without issues.

1 Like

Hi do you still have your BB V1 ESC if so would you be willing to sell it?