Boss level custom spot welder

I am also on 4s(14.8-16.8v) not 3S

I noticed that. I bumped it up to 6 ms, 3x, 2ms and it still came apart very easily

I would guess your lipo cannot handle the current then.

When I tested with meter it pulls any here from 60-120amps for a couple millisecond on 4sā€¦

Which is probably why 40C+ lipos are recommended

It really looks like you donā€™t have the proper amount of amps. I was running into a similar issue even while running 2 x 3AH 3S 40C Lipos in parallel. I was using a longer wired parallel adapter that was dropping the amps. A single 3S lipo of that size/rating just wouldnā€™t cut it. I suggest either going with a dual setup with a good adapter in parallel or a higher AH lipo.

2 Likes

Would you recommend this 50C one or two in parallel. I would prefer to get the cheaper option, just wanted to get someone elseā€™s opinion.

I use the 16ah version of this in parallel to make 32ah 4s. But the 10ah is on saleā€¦

If your concerned about the C. Most people say 40c for smaller batteries. Ie

3ah* 40c =120a 10ah* 10c = 100a

Or mine 32ah * 10c = 320a

1 Like

Alright, so I found this 4s thats rated at 50C its 6000mAh which should be roughly 300 A. Do you think this would spot weld 0.15 mm nickel? Or should I just go with two in parallel?

HRB is Bonka cellsā€¦

Likely overstated and probably closer to 25Cā€¦

Okay, well do you know if these are any good 3s 50C? It would be about 250 A.

Gens ace and itā€™s sub company Tattu are pretty good.

I havenā€™t tested these but they look promising:

That does look promising. The problem is it wonā€™t come till next week and I was really trying to get this done this week during my spring break. The difference is that turnigy is 300 A compared to the Gen Ace which is 250 A.

There are lots of promising lipos, but if youā€™re having trouble why not use the one recommended by the manufacturer?

From Spot Welder Display & Info. : ė„¤ģ“ė²„ ėø”ė”œź·ø

I use this: kickass lipo

Oh yeah! I totally forgot he recommended one! I think I am going to go with this one. Since it has a higher C rating than the one he recommends and it will get here Thursday, so I can finish it up this week.

putting two of these in parallel, hope I made the right choice

1 Like

@thisguyhere. I think they may be to small

(2200mah * 40c) * 2 = 352a

wouldnā€™t that suffice?

or do you mean capacity, for welding time?

I know this means nothing since you guys are running 3sā€¦

But I just tried welding with a 4s, 1300mAh 70C pack and it was just fineā€¦ Although I could see the pack heating up fast and draining fastā€¦

well, i got these batteries almost next to nothing so will give it a try and upgrade if it sucks

1 Like