Boss level custom spot welder

Took one of my 6s 8000mah 25-50c batteries that had one bad cell and turned it into a 3s battery for spot welding :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:. Not sure if I’ll ever try the 4s route but I still have two good cells since the outside cell was the only bad one.

1 Like

I have the Malelectrics one. Works like a charm, haven’t been able to get a good copper weld yet though. Nickel on nickel works flawless.

They are similar. Dunno the performance difference.

1 Like

After looking at the other diy options. This one seems like the better option for ease of use and portability. Also the price. I feel like I bought it just because it was a good price as well. Even if I don’t use it for a while.

Sorry to ask this I’m sure it’s posted somewhere obvious, but where can I order one of these beauty’s? And what kind of battery will I need again?

1st post. 3s 5000mah plus with 30c rating

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Aulakiria. THIS IS NOT A SALES THREAD. And i have no profit nor gain with this, i just think it’s a nice thing and i am sharing it with you. If you are interested on buying one just mail him saying you want one here [email protected] that’s his paypal account as well. If you mail him be brief and use only perfect academic understandable english. Something google translator can deal with. The prices are : basic set : usd $ 80 Hakko T12 soldering iron Handle & Tip : usd $15 (option) full set : usd $95 Paypal fees 3.5%, Usd-krw Exchange fees 3%…It is double charged so please consider the option send money to family/friend thank you shipping method

Global RR (KOREA post registered airmail) : $15 (20~40 business days) Global EMS fee : $25 (10~15 business days) more info here: blog

Scroll up the blue bar at the right to read the first post

Is it possible to use charger for the spot weld?

Absolutely NOT. You need lotsa amps within a few miliseconds.
You need lipo for spot welding.

4 Likes

Any issues using 2 * 3S 3000 mah packs in parallel to make a 3S 6000 mah pack? Also would XT60 connectors be OK or should I go XT90?

What is the reason for not using a wired adapter? Thanks.

wires will rob current, use one of the stubby dual xt60 adapters as suggested above.

I use 2x of these zippy 60c 2.2ah 3s batteries, great so far.

1 Like

awesome thanks

@aulakiria :wink:

7 Likes

WOW

Two bosses

@rojitor One is for a friend…

But I wish I had bought extra welding cables. I’m running it on 4s. And I temporarily mounted the welder to a aluminum plate that I’m gonna cut down to fit in this case…so I can basically weld continuously under 40c.

But I need to either wait for the welding wires to cool or swap them out every 75 welds or so.

2 Likes

So i did repair the fet problem. The welder fires up. The only problem is that now it can’t detect my lipo’s voltage and keeps beeping. need to investigate that with Lee @aulakiria

!

2 Likes

Did you connect to XT90? voltage detect point : 1,2 pin ( in 6 pin)

@aulakiria yes XT90, everything seems OK when taking voltage between pin 1 and 2.

do you have other point on this PCB where i can check the voltage to find the problem ?

(Is it possible to use the welder even there is this problem? i can monitor lipo’s voltage other way )

The wiring on the PCB seems to have fallen.

If it falls below the set voltage, spot welding will not be possible. It is a good way to send it to me.