Boss level custom spot welder

Hm… please, Use 5000mah 30c battery. 2200mah battery has low performance…

1 Like

Two of Those in parallel should do. Do not use wired adaptors but these: s0vgn5

1 Like

Apparently for the US, anything imported under $2500 can be done as an informal customs declaration - anyone in the US order this with an informal declaration? So, if I declared the value of the kit to be at $25, there would be no entry bond/tax, unless I am mistaken.

U are not mistaken

Anybody selling one of these Malectronic digital spot welders in the US? A friend of mine doesn’t have the luxury of buying one directly from the UK.

@rojitor im planning to buy this weekend, will the basic set will be enough or should i get the full kit? Thanks

just ordered one today, aulakiria is very responsive.

quick question, could I just make like a 3s5-6p liion pack? it would output like 100-120amp in bursts? or is that still not enough?

a 50c lipo at 5000mah would be capable of 250amp burst

never mind, found the discussion above

1 Like

I literally ordered a couple of hours ago…and aulakiria posted shipping on his blog. He is a god…:bowing_man:

2 Likes

I recommend the full kit. The solder is very useful.

4 Likes

Thanks man, btw whats the use of the solder (maybe i missed the topic about that)

The welder has a 12-39v port. 19v+ preferred. You can solder anything with it. It is nice quality. Pretty fast. https://youtu.be/73xb6SiqcRs

1 Like

i purchased: MOSFET-Infineon-Technologies-IRF1404PBF-1-Canal-N-TO-220AB Waiting the delivery to solder them

2 Likes

I definitely recommend the full kit ! I use this spot welder everyday for the solder iron feature (didn’t have spot welded once yet :smile: ). It warms up very quickly and the temperature controller helps a lot to achieve quality soledring jobs. I use a 100W 19.5V laptop power supply, it works like a charm !

2 Likes

just bought the complete kit, is there any mod for the laptop charger?

Just wire up a barrel adaptor to a 5 or 6s lipo

Yeah it lives on DC, and can run completely off-grid. But I just plug it intp a laptop charger for soldering. There’s a separate xt90 input for the welder

If you have a laptop charger… I was just making a suggestion as someone above asked about if you can mod it or use something else…

:slight_smile:

For soledring, no. No mod needed. Even both plugs match (spot welder and charger). At least for me.

1 Like

I did this adaptor to use my lipo to solder off the grid but I usually just plug any charger I have around. I have several 12-25.2v chargers around.

2 Likes