Boosted - new battery issues and delays

My friend just got this (his name deleted):

Dear , On two separate occasions, a lithium battery cell has vented inside the battery pack of the 2nd generation Boosted board. The battery enclosure is a fire-retardant composite and worked as designed to contain the cell failure. Fortunately, no one was injured and no property was damaged. Our engineering team is conducting a thorough investigation and we will update everyone with the results.

We have strongly urged all riders with 2nd generation boards to stop riding and stop charging them. In addition, we will stop shipping boards to new riders until we complete our investigation. We take battery and rider safety extremely seriously at Boosted. We are working non-stop to diagnose this issue and resolve it for all our riders. We appreciate how incredibly disappointing this is for many of our riders, and we ask that you follow our safety recommendations immediately until we complete our investigation. -Sanjay"

I wonder whats happening with their packs. I thought the cells they used were supposedly very stable.

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: OFFICIAL WARNING: Boosted Boards 2.0 Battery Fires