Boosted... Meh, no more Loaded decks or Caliber trucks

Honestly this is a game changer

Boosted has enough of a base to keep afloat but as more better options become readily available they will start to struggle.

Think it’s more so about the warranty…then other options…

2 Likes

Ok. It clearly says «instead of cast», that was my point. But I agree, they might still be machined forged trucks.

these boards are ugly, the old design looks better imo

2 Likes

This killed their chances of me buying the shortboard. I was excited about it. They made the same critical mistake Evolve and Hyper Beast did.

The idea is to prevent water ingress and deal with it if it occurs. The top mounted lid does not do that second part. Which means I can’t buy it, because it has design flaws.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s just a griptape design. There’s no screws in it for a lid, the screws you see is for the trucks. From the bottom it looks like the normal Boosted batteries, I believe they are interchangeable across all models. :slight_smile:

Also, if you look at the closeups you can see the stuff is still bottom mounted.

1 Like

Overall the boards look very unoriginal. The same ideas have been seen throughout the years and tbh even some Chinese no name boards look better than these. For me it’s a no.

1 Like

Looks like a loaded tesseract.

Same, happens most often on V2 boosted and the V1 has lots of bluetooth problems. We’ve had some narrow misses with my group that rides mainly boosted. I’m the maverick though, haha.

2 Likes

Idk about you guys. Maybe the specs don’t, but their design still kills 90% of all the DIY boards on this forum. That boosted mini looks suuuuuper nice !

6 Likes

reliability over desgin

oh good to see

Hope they hold up better than evolves wheels did :smiley:

I think that the mini won’t be better/more practical than the riptide

2 Likes

ESC’s used in the riptide/meepo etc. are inferior to the in-house designed boosted esc.

@acidfie thousands of boards are in use, bad QC I guess. But so are the diy boards on this forum lol. I’d trust a boosted board more than any of the boards build in this forum :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Id take 90% of the diy builds over anything built by boosted. Boosted are simply cheap crap in a premium package kinda like apple computers. If your all thumbs when it comes to electronics, and got the cash their a valid options I guess.

6 Likes

Oh boy here comes the competition! The Chinese Next-Gen ESCs are on-par with the Boosted ESC. You’ll have to take my word on that. The Boosted Minis are shaping up to be a very competitive product from what I can see. However, I still prefer the Banshee since it’s lighter and faster.

4 Likes

The Lou looks like a 1000x better due to its stealthiness. But that’s just my 2cts

2 Likes

Disagree lol… You pay premium for build quality. I don’t know about boosted but your example with apple computers are bad. I’m coming from windows which I had 2/3 of my lifetime. I’d never go back to windows again.

Workflow and usability is way more intuitive on a Mac. Don’t get me started on the build quality… Its not always about specs.

3 Likes