Boosted Clone | Loaded Vanguard | 6355 190kV | 10S4P | Fiber Glass Enclosure | Orangatang Kegel 80A

I choose not to use bullet connectors since I’m not really conformable soldering them on the cells.

At this point battery pack is not at all designed to be “airplane approved”.

One more thing, I know I am asking a lot here but do you have dimensions of your pack? Thanks!

I will write them down later in this thread.

Also amazing news yesterday, I removed all the Dupont wires because they were not really reliable in my case. I also used bigger cable.

And then:

Success !

I will mount everything and regrip next week since I’m going on holidays.

3 Likes

Hopefully one of the last update post.

I mounted everything, result is quite nice :sunglasses::

Still need to regrip the board.

Did not had the chance to run it extensively since I need to charge the battery pack. Video coming soon!

6 Likes

Very nice indeed, well done :+1:t3:

Looks neat!

Are you planning to run a second motor in the near future? If not you naught want to upgrade to 6374 motor to have better acceleration.

What are your VESC settings? I suggest you upload the @ackmaniac firmware

So i received @Quent17 's battery pack on my bench the other night, no offence but it scared the fuck out me. So FISA… (fuck it start again)

I just had enough nickel strip to do one half of the battery, looking good so far and most importantly… safe!

2 Likes

How exactly did it do this?

Well i was able to pick the spot welded strips off with my fingers. Looked like a funnel cake

Damn, just to be clear though, this isn’t the same battery that there are pictures of above right?

@Eboosted [quote=“Quent17, post:1, topic:23213”] Motor: Sensored 6355 190 kV from DIY. I actually bought two in order to add a second motor later [/quote] Ten characters

Post #40, it quickly degraded from there

Wow, it doesn;t look like that battery would fall apart so easily. Why did @Quent17 send it too you in the first place?

He’s unlucky enough to be local to me

So he sent you the battery? Maybe I missed something but I am not sure why he gave you the battery in the first place.

The battery was falling to pieces, bad spotwelds and construction.

He asked me question about the behavior, told him to bring it in for a closer look (he lives 10-15mins away from me)

Complete story is that I finished the build and found out the battery was badly built:

• Bad spotwelds.
  • Bad contacts between the cells.
  • BMS lead solders breaking all the time.

I was able to do few rides but there was constant disconnections. I didn’t feel safe riding the board with such a shitty battery so I asked @Blasto to take a look and he was kind enough to fix it.

@Eboosted I am possibly planning to run a second motor in the future as I bought another one. However, not sure two motors will fit because of the 15mm width belt. I’m using @Ackmaniac firmware, acceleration and speed are more than enough for me right now. Will see if I need the upgrade later.

1 Like

Ahh ok, what spot welder did you use for the pack?

Hey @smorto, I believe you’re going to make a li-ion battery pack and was wondering if you would make a detailed thread on it when you’ve done it with lots of pictures, thanks.

I sure will if/when I build a pack which will be in the distant future probably, just soaking up info for now. TO give you an idea of how many pictures I take of my builds check out these threads.

Board Build Log

GT2B Mod Thread

1 Like

Vanguard was among the boards I had made before. It’s a really good deck!

3 Likes