Boosted Board all terrain mod

Yea man had some only enertion wheels kicking around thought why not try!

I’ll let every one know how it goes!

1 Like

An idler is the proper solution here, you will get an extra tooth engaged with the smaller pulley, but it’s a little more complicated to pull off.

1 Like

I searched the internet for 5inch wheels and found some nordic skiing wheels: 125mm diameter pneumatics with plastic rims

Tempted to get some for science…

2 Likes

Richard from alien drive systems use skike wheels they have discontinued there 5inch but they have an 6.25inch that’s sweet, would give 30mph but would cut into the torque. They also need modification but they have a very low road resistance.

1 Like

Yep that’s what I was planning to do but I think I would need 2x one on to and bottom because there isn’t much room!

@jacobbloy @Maxid The search for good AT wheels is tough! I currently used modified 5 inch skike wheels and they are pretty good, here are some thoughts on them:

• The high psi means low rolling resistance so they are fast, but still smooth out the roads. I don’t fear every pebble or crack on the road.

• The tires aren’t very robust so the drive wheel tire burns up pretty fast (I get about 120 miles per drive wheel tire).

• The QA for the tires and tubes is not very good, so it’s common to get a tube or tire that is not true and has significant wobble even though it’s new. I’d say about 30% of tires or tubes have a problem.

• Skike stopped making them. Once I use up the spares I have, I’ll need to look for a new AT wheel.

I think that 5 inches is the sweet spot between good road performance but still compact enough to carry around like a skateboard; 6" might be OK as well. The new 7" Evolve wheels look OK. My first choice if I could start over would be @psychotiller’s hubs.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-village-build-s9-faultine-paris-195mm-sk3-6764-diyes-mount-8s-vesc-127mm-pneumatic-wheels/292

1 Like

Why aren’t they in production? I would go all out in 2 seconds!

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Csgoscope doesnt know how to make a new topic

Dont answer stupid thread hijackers, or they will never stop :joy:

Yea guys back on topic, apparently it looks like the boosted board original belt actually rubs on the inside of the belt cover, it looks like it’s been machined like this.

I don’t know how much this would effect belt wear but maybe it will be ok if it’s touching on this wheel also, I’m buying new belts tomorrow so I can test it.

Is it posslible to to temporary remove the cover on boosted boards?

1 Like

Jacob ! we need videos man ! awesome mod !

Ballsy! I like it. Do you still get reasonable torque? I put on flywheels and torque suffered.

1 Like

well i think he also changed the gearing, so it will be nearly the same amount of torque

Yes that’s right I went from a 50tooth gear that’s on the original to a 70tooth, I’m hoping this will be enough to get this thing going but I think until I change the tyres I’m going to have a lot of road resistance. I can put the skike tyres on this rim so it’s gonna help me a lot and also gives me a little bit more clearance.

4 Likes

Sadly there are sensors in there and they have been programmed to not with if the sensors are not getting a reading.

Would you recommend placing the idler on the “pulled side” of the belt when accelerating or on the “loose side”. I don’t know how to phrase this :stuck_out_tongue:

So got some new shorter belts so I can actually see how much I need to remove of the cut will post again tomorrow!

Nice photo :wolf:

I’ll have a video up real soon!

2 Likes