Boardnamics CNC Motor Mount w/ Idler Tension System $40 ORDER NOW

That’s what I just did. Getting sick of having to adjust my motor mount. This one looks solid.

Definitely up for a set. Any eta yet?

Couple weeks at most. I have been talking to many China manufacturers on alibaba about getting these cut. Have not heard back from any yet but I know I am close.

If worse comes to worst I will cut the new v2 clamps myself which is good and bad. My cnc machine I cut with is not mean’t for production runs like this, but it may just work out. I will let you guys know. I know it has taken a long time but I assure the wait will be worth it!

Biggest issue I have is that the m6 nut that the v2 clamp uses is 9.8mm wide. 3/8" aluminum plate is just under at about 9.5mm. This causes a slight gap which really sucks. I need to source 10mm plate which could be hard. I will see.

Hi - any update? Cheers.

I recently broke my jaw on my board…soo…that also has slowed me down. I can only eat liquid foods so it hasn’t been fun. This should not however slow me down too much. Schools a pain…yadda yadda excuses.

Real talk. I have been talking to this one guy that works for China, but isn’t Chinese. Result is I get really good English and access to good suppliers, yay! He found someone willing to waterjet them out of 7075 10mm thick aluminum for me.

Though I am questions whether or not I will start from scratch on the designs. There are a lot of things I want to change and honestly, it being backwards compatible is sort of holding any new designs captive.

My new plan for V2 may be: Create a magnitude of different mounts for different setups. Some with idlers, and some totally without. Based on a totally different bolt pattern and everything The backwards compatibility would be ruined and users of the V1 would get a partial refund or a discount on the upgraded ones.

1 Like

Here is also a huge tip for you guys. Instead of using the included set screws, use big socket cap screws like these:

The hex is 5mm instead of 3mm so you can deliver wayyy more torque into your clamp! I don’t know why I didn’t do this from the beginning. It looks a little funky but it holds extremely well for me.

1 Like

Hope you get better ASAP. Broken jaw is a bitch and its why I got a full face.

I say go for it, part of being successful is being able to look at what you have, cry a little for the time put in, then put it all in a folder you’ll never look at again and start over.

Let us know of your progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your accident man. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Looks like I need to get on with trying to securely fix the V1 myself so i can get riding.

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in a mount that didn’t have an idler? One that is simple and very easy to make but isn’t too flashy when it comes to features. I may make a basic arm piece that supports 50mm and 63mm motors but has no idler and is designed for 255 and 265mm standard belt lengths. I think that would be a good addition.

It would be optimized for strength and simplicity. It would also be cheaper, maybe $30 if I get it real simple. No belt or idler would be included, just the clamping hardware and arm piece.

The clamping pieces are being cut as we speak. Hopefully they hold up so I can really push some orders. When they are done I can finish these motor mounts very quick. Maybe an hour each; fast.

1 Like

I think the craze for idlers is a bit overblown.

Shorter belts dont really need an idler. I mean, it seems idlers are meant for add tension in longer serpentine belts, which on esk8 doesn’t seems to apply.

I agree, idlers are good and all but they do add a lot of complexity and are only necessary on some setups. To the drawing board!

are you still planning a two piece clamp? also, will it be outside mountable?

Yes the clamp is 2 identical halves that come together. What do you mean by outside mountable?

outside or reverse like evolve does it, or like this

1 Like

Late reply, yes they are reverse mountable. The screw hole pattern I put is symmetrical along both sides so the magnitude of adjust ability is equal.

1 Like

Spent some time with my Dremel. Not sure if this will work but worth a try …

Interesting…lol. Guarantee the next design holds so much better. It is also a stronger material w/ better tolerances. If you really want the v1 to hold better just use the bigger screws, it worked for me. I should of included them in the beginning they’re way easier to get torque into.

great to hear some updates;) by the time everything is cut,will you have 15mm belts ready?

Will somewhat work. Using a nut means the screw will inevitably vibrate loose. Even with loctite and a million pounds in torquing. It’s better to thread the actual aluminum itself.

Disagree here. The future use of nylon locknuts is preferred over threading into the aluminum. 1, aluminum threads are not as strong as steel cut ones and can gall up. 2. Nylon locknuts are cents a piece vs threading a piece costs more in manufacturing.

Nylon locknuts are made to prevent loosening under vibration. How do you suppose your wheels stay on?

2 Likes