Boardnamics CNC Motor Mount w/ Idler Tension System $40 ORDER NOW

Look at the zinc oxide coated steel screws. The hex head doesn’t twist out nearly as bad, they have as much rust protection as stainless while being 3 times as strong and black looks cool on raw aluminum :slight_smile:

http://www.mrmetric.com/M11406

I definitely look forward to ordering the v2! Depending on the price, I might even order two.

So I’ve ordered two for when I upgrade my board to a dual drive so using just the one for now. Finally fitted it on and I can see how the V2 clamp will help since the slugs can’t take much torque without rounding off a bit.

Having said that, I was using the enertion mount prior to this and could only use about 50% of my brake throttle when on my board otherwise belt skips like crazy. I like to abuse my components and having an idler will definitely allow me to do this lol. Belt still skips at very hard braking but otherwise its much better (I can brake harder than before) and the added startup torque is significant.

Uploading…

Well done. Though now I’m curious about adding a second idler like the other thread selling these is doing. Definitely possible with the current mount and it might be something to look into once you’ve sold all your belts.

So just came back from an attempted full ride and I’ve some bad news on my end, giving it some punch made the slugs come loose so I’m reinforcing the call for your V2 clamps please.

2 Likes

would these work with kegels. And have you added any different truck mounts

1 Like

lol of course they work with kegels

i don’t think he has any other clamps besides caliber 2 atm

Though needless, I can confirm they work with Kegels.

1 Like

Thanks I figured they would but since the size wasn’t on the belt compatibility chart just wanted to make sure

Its more the size of the pulley. If you have a 36t wheel pulley you’re all good.

Are there any updates on the v2?

Lets start chanting VEE TWO!! VEE TWO!!

1 Like

All the hardware is here. I have plenty of screws and nuts to make at least 50 sets. Finalizing the design and about to get sent to be cut. In the mean time I will try to “hold down the fort” for a bit by cutting my own and hopefully having them turn out okay.

What I can say upon my slight testing is that they grip extremely well…no way you can get this one off!

Pictures coming tomorrow!

4 Likes

Okay, time for a little update. The design works good and I can definitely tell that there is a significant difference in how hard it clamps. Everything I need is ready but I really prefer to have these made elsewhere. I am sending the drawing to a chinese manufacturer I have been talking to on alibaba lately. I don’t trust me $40 drill press with accuracy. So take this photo as a REALLY rough example of what is coming:

I know a lot of you have been waiting for a long time, but don’t worry. I am ordering about 60 sets which should be enough for a very long time. Expect the time it takes to for fill orders to go way down as it takes me significantly less time now.

For any of you that like screws, here you go:

1 Like

clearance looks bad tho

was thinking the same thing…

Wouldn’t it save material and provide better clearance if the bolts were inset into the circular part of the clamp?

Obviously something you’ve thought about but I wonder how it can be more efficient.

nylock nuts are less work easy to replace hard to destroy hold better than threads no loctite

2 Likes

Yeah that sums it up. It is waaay cheaper to manufacture and they actually hold up better.

Not gonna like the clearance isn’t as good, but it holds way better than the previous design. Unless you’re running 60mm wheels you won’t be scraping.

When running 83mm, my drawings show you still have a fair amount of clearance from the end of the bolt to the ground.

Anything bigger than 83mm is not an issue whatsoever. It also helps protect the belt. Better to scrap the mount then to shred the belt.

2 Likes

How can I go about ordering a set of these?

1 Like

Fill out his form via his link in OP?

1 Like