Board accelerates too fast, how do I slow it down?

Hey Everyone,

I have a custom built board that uses two enertion FOCBOXes (Vesc-x), some hub motors and 8 “ligo” battery packs (Each “ligo” is a 10s1p 18650 battery pack with it’s own BMS).

The board accelerates WAY too fast, it’s scary. How do I dial it down using BLDC_TOOL?

Do I just limit the current from the motor configuration?

Here is my config:

You have to calibrate your remote every time you turn it on. Simply throttle back and forth all the way before it pairs (or after) and you should be set. Just be careful not to have it pair while you’re in the middle of throttling

1 Like

If still too much power try going down on battery amps this will lower max system power. Try 10 amps and work you way up 2amps at a time till it feels right.

amps are actually a bit low for hubs. The remote calibration is definitely the issue.

1 Like

Damn 10S8P? :open_mouth:

Use @Ackmaniac’s firmware and set a throttle curve - issue solved

Can the Ackmaniac fw be flashed to the vesc via BLDC tool ?

It needs a special BLDC Tool and can then be flashed just as usual. It is all in the thread here:

Thanks, i have a look.

I ended up recalibrating the remote and dialing down the “motor max” to 20A and “motor min (regen)” to -20A. It’s way better now.

8x10s1p Here is a link to the battery: LiGo Batteries - Grin Products - Product Info

I’ll have to check it out.

Thanks everyone.

I honestly think the settings you had before were better even then there were kind of low for hubs. just try the calibration first before anything else and remember you have to do it every single time you turn on the remote

Yeah, its recommended to have a high motor amps and to limit power via battery amps. Like 50a motor and 20a battery.

You are mistaken. I tried everything you recommended and things did not improve. And I don’t have to re-calibrate every time I turn the board on.

Ackmaniac’s frmware, Watt mode and throttle curve. yep, its that simple. :slight_smile: