Blank Custom | SK3 192KV | VESC | 9S LiPo | Custom Mount kit | Caliber Raw 44s | 83mm | GT2B Mod Sparkle

So I was able to setup my vesc’s.

My next step is getting wheels and pulleys. If anyone has some please message me. I want to finish this within the next few weeks. Will be trying to make my own plastic enclosure using a heatoven.

Has anyone 3D printed truck risers?

I don’t think so… they would leave ugly marks on the deck

1 Like

I have, so have a lot of people. Look on thingiverse, there are tons.

Just print a 1mm thick outside wall and then sand it with 300 grit, should be smooth as glass.

2 Likes

I just started to plan out how the wiring would work for my project…hehehe. Looks like the motors and vesc wires are just a tad (maybe 6-7 inches longer) bit more then I needed. :grin:

Tried to make me a quick harness.

Maybe they are just the right length if you use this…

I’m printing one tight now, I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like
1 Like

Is a antispark required if I’m already under volting my whole system?

It’s not required - but strongly advised. It’s a cheap plug, and it saves you in the long run

1 Like

My research lab just bought a gigantic 3d printer which I’m so hyped to use. :scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

So my current standing is, Recently got pulleys from someone on the forum, :heart_eyes: @Titoxd10001 (good work) , and am waiting for gt2bs (2 of them, one from @Enigmacpl03, and @adboio). Will see which I get first. EDIT: seems like I got both at the same time…) Got wheels as well. Gonna go home and pick everything up and hopefully finish this today /tomorrow. Looking around for risers as well to provide the clearance I need from the motor mount hitting the deck.

2 Likes

Looking​ forward to seeing your final result

2 Likes

What a monster.

It turns out that I will need risers to mount the motors as the edge of the motor hits the deck on turn. I did order some risers, but found out that my hardware just isn’t long enough to hold it. Will run by to Zumiez tomorrow and get some longer bolts. In the mean time I have some

To do surgery on.

I bought a x30 pack of jst-ph 2mm connectors, seemed cheaper than the $5-6 for one cable from common sources. I am not sure yet if they work, as they delivered after I left work.
If anyone needs a cable, let me know. I’ll send one your way.

2 Likes

Quick question, every time I connect the wiring harness for all three batteries I get this loud spark. I know its from the surge of current, but is it bad? Sparkswitches basically slow down the instances rise of current so that would be my best solution.

Some people believe the spark is not bad, but I have blown caps on car ESCs. The spark will also slow degrade the connectors where the spark happens. Easiest solution is to add a xt90 antispark connector

1 Like

Will try to see if these cables fit, but this is what they look like.

I can confirm that these fit the vesc.

1 Like

I had to run to HomeDepot to get bigger hardware because I had gotten a 1/2" risers and the current hardware 1.5" wasn’t long enough. After fitting the 1/2" risers on it still was just barely touching the motor mount so I added a 3/16" shock pad to it. And now it looks like it’s got just barely enough clearance for a full carve.

Incase anyone ever needs longer hardware run to HimeDepots bolt/hardware section and look for these.

1 Like

That clearance is real pain in the ass. Personally i like low boards which ofc means less clearance between motor and road. It’s really shame to look at my motors now. I’ve been riding about 100km and my motors look terrible. In your case your motors won’t look that bad at all which is nice.

1 Like

At the moment my current enclosure is a kitchen tupperware from Walmart. I went out to HD again to buy some minibungee cords.

I made some holes on the side lip and put the bungee cords into those. I’m planning to have the cords wrap around the top of the board like so.

Speaking of completion, my belts just arrived. :grin::grin:

Belts are too short…

1 Like