BISEK electric skateboard

Board is shipping. Hope to report back in a few weeks.

Hi Tim

All of board are improve antenna now .The new board with sine wave controller intergraded in one PCB will be production at the end of this month .of cause the cost will be increase .your board is first gerneration .

pls get back to us your feedback when you receive your board .

best regards

felix

@caustin: Hi caustin, Thanks for your previous feedbacks on Bisek board so far. Little up for @bradman: Did you had time to test a bit more hill climbing, speed, hub heat and range? Thanks!

1 Like

My board has been shipped :smiley:

Have a look at the new design:

I’ll post a detailed video review once I have received and tested it.

3 Likes

Has the wheelbase gone longer from the pre production midel. Do we know the dimensions id the desck.

Also can I ask what price you ended up paying with shipping. Really keen hear your review of it. Build quality, ride, remote control throttle.

have they made it bigger? I tried to buy one directly from them recently but they said they weren’t selling to individuals anymore - anyone know if that’s going to change?

Don’t know if you guys already know, but there’s a rebrand out there called the ‘Hoverfly’. Some videos here:

Basically, I’m waiting to hear how ThorbenG gets on then taking action after that! I know they say no more sales to individuals but I’ve been in contact with Bisek for a few months now, hopefully they’ll make some exceptions. If not, they’re apparently going to have a European supplier soon.

I was in touch with them also and they made me an offer but refused to honour it. there was a guy in Germany listing the board at €1170 but it’s not longer listed.

If anyone here is in NYC area and considering this board, pm me and maybe we can find an eawsy way to meetup and test it out.

Hi caustin. Just wondering if you have any more insight on this board? How’s the remote now? Any better? How’s the performance? Am I right in thinking you have an Evolve GT too? How does it compare?

Thanks!

Sorry I have not had much to add here. I have 3 esk8 decks and prefer evolve GT so do t ride BISEK much except for short haul when light convenient stealth is preferred. Torque and acceleration can’t compare to GT belt drive. Not much hills to test grade climbs on. It’s a different deck for differ use, and NYC is more stop and go than long flat straightaways. The remote issue persists though not as bad as u itilt, and maybe subsequent revs fixed it, I have early release deck.

Great, thanks for replying :slight_smile:

I got my board and have a bit of a review for you all.

Board was in a Matte finish. Looks great. Now for the meat and potatos

1. The top deck cover plate flexes a lot. Needs more support

2. Top speed is 23kph. That’s 1km slower than my benchwheel, which is rated at 1800w with dual motors. I was expecting more

3. Torque is also not as good as the benchwheel

4. Front wheels had no bearing spacers installed. Good thing I checked. Also, one of the bearings was very damaged brand new

5. The antenna sticks out the cable hole next to the motor cable. I guess this was to improve communication. Problem is ot didn’t fix the issue. Remote cuts out a lot! It’s dangerous. Initial acceleration it throws you forward when it drops connection. When braking it cuts out and let’s the board free wheel. Need a fix or I see road rash in my future

6. The board was shipped with the trucks very loose. I had to tighten it up 7 full turns front and back. Very unstable until dialled in. Once it’s tight it feels pretty good

7. Added grip tape to the top cover. Turned out alright

8. Best looking board I have, but I really need a fix for the dropping connectivity. I have a feeling the motor itself could be generating enough emi to cause an issue with the antenna so close to the wheel. I’m going to try to move the antenna to the top of the deck, under some grip tape, near the cover seem. Will update to let you know if it makes any difference

6 Likes

The cf blocks signal…hence the little wire hanging out

23 km per hour top speed - wow that is slow - did you mean miles per hour?!. the guy in canada was claiming 35 km per hour (~22 miles per hour) on it (branding as hoverfly). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfVAiFGMfRM and he’s not a light guy! for the connectivity - don’t they claimed to have fixed that now in a revision to the board?

1 Like

They claim, but it drops out about every 20-30 seconds. The antenna sticks out about 2". Still under the deck and very near the motor.

I weigh 87kg, 195lb. 22.8kph. That’s about 14mph. That’s it.

1 Like

are there different speed modes. really surprised it could be that slow.

I was thinking the same thing. Surely this is on the slower mode?! I’ve had my eyes on this one for months too!