BIEDA Board | 15ply Vertigo Trampa Urban Carver | Roadside Trampa Carbon Enclosure | Dual Trampa 136KV Motor | Trampa Motor Mount | Dual Enertion VESC-X | 12S4P Li-ion with 60A BMS | 2.4Ghz Remote

I have DRV too just in case, but hope is nothing more than those :smile:

1 Like

btw, super build man, so cool and clean!

1 Like

Thanks, @fottaz! That’s nice of you to say :smiley: I guess I’ll really have to send it to your vesc-clinic after all. I’ll sort it out on Monday, tho - it’s weekend now and no-one in Poland except me is working :wink: Cheers!

1 Like

What’s the yellow material you used to cover the batteries?

Some wideass roomy heat-shrinkable sleeve :slight_smile:

Waterproofing the voltmeter:

Had to drill some recesses to accomodate the more protruding of the voltmeter’s SMDs.

Added some microrubber for waterproofing.

Flush.

12 Likes

Hi cool Build how did it end up or like the rest of us kids and work take over.

Did you buy the moulded carbon fiber sheet if you did will you send me the link thanks

1 Like

spot on with that, bro :smiley:

It’s funny you’re writing this today as just an hour ago I’ve written @fottaz to order a new VESC - in place of the fried one - and some other stuff to finally get to finishing things up.

What carbon fibre sheet do you mean exactly, @hornet90 ? I wasn’t actually buying any for this particular project and can’t seem to remember to have written about it anywhere :wink:

1 Like

I think you mean this, or?

http://www.trampaboards.com/underboard-trampa-deck-material-battery-trays-from-10cm--70cm-long-p-24164.html

2 Likes

Oh, silly me… It’s sorta obvious now that you’ve mentioned this, innit? Blame this on my night shift last night… gotta drink stronger coffees I suppose… Anyway, thx, @rich!

1 Like

or a lttle sleep :laughing:

My urban carver build takes soooo long, hope to finish it before spring. But i find time to do things like pimping my hubs :joy: BTW evolve gt 7" tyres fit, too, they are 50mm wide.

4 Likes

http://www.trampaboards.com/underboard-trampa-deck-material-battery-trays-from-10cm--70cm-long-p-24164.html

It was this the under tray I have 2 boys 12 and 5 year old they take up a lot if time

1 Like

Fottaz is a good lad…

2 Likes

Thanks that’s it

2 Likes

xD

I can relate to that statement soooooooo much :smiley:

Care to tell me where to get those? :wink: Any non-Evolve, discount sellers? :wink:

Best shopping experience I’ve had for ages - and I’m not overexaggerating - this guy’s customer service is pure gold. If you’re in the EU look no further than https://eskating.eu

2 Likes

http://evolveskateboards.de/index.php/component/virtuemart/all-terrain-reifen-und-mehr/evolve-gt-reifen-schwarz-detail?Itemid=0

They have more rubber and seem durable I don’t know about any cheap 7" tyre on the market, but you can find 8". Actually I’m gonna test some cheap (like 50% price of the original ones) tyres on my MTB but the tyres feel like toys compared to the genuine and were made for wheelchairs :laughing:.

1 Like

Hmmmm… Nicht so teuer wie ich gedacht habe… a new purchase be brewing, I suppose ;D

1 Like

overdue an update on this awesome build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, man! I sure am… hence:

I had to wait for literal ages for Enertion to get a grip on their FOC-Box supply, but a week after @fottaz has gotten them I had one at my place along with a nano-x Bluetooth controller. I decided to go down the Nano-x way cuz my GT2B went literally haywire and just refused to bond no matter what. Too bad I had ported it into the 3D printed casing, voiding the warranty, before testing it.

Anyways, BIEDA board is already riding and almost completely finished now :slight_smile:

The Trampa’s enclosure, cut to 62cm length, was just about perfectly enough to accommodate the 12s4p battery, BMS, two VESCs and all the wiring… with some 1,5mm clearance on each end :wink:

The only problem with it was that I just felt the battery, after having put it into all those layers of heat-shrink (4, if I remember correctly) and padding is being squeezed between the board and the enclosure a tad too much, and so I added rising Tufnol planks between the board and the enclosure where they are attached to one another with screws. I’m gonna replace the Tufnol planks with rubber stripes when I manage to find some :wink:

To save up on space and increase wire-connections reliability I decided to go completely plug-less and solder everything inside solid. The only places where I’ve used bullet plugs are on the external motor-wires. I also went 100% 10 AWG: including having removed all the stock VESC wiring and replaced it with 10 AWG silicone cables. And so all the main power wiring is done with those 10 AWG ones - from the battery, through the BMS, all the way to the motors. The balance wires are done with 22 AWG wires, and the charging wire with 12 AWG - the amperage on these doesn’t really require anything bigger.

Come to think of it, the 10 AWG is also an overkill in most cases… but hell, I never had any sense of moderation anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The only thing left to do now is to apply some fresh grip tape, heat shrink all the external motor wire’s bullet connectors and put the silicone sheet between the enclosure and electronics to waterproof it, and the project will be officially finished.

The riding experience is overall beyond words - the quality of Trampa’s products is impeccable, rides are just mesmerising - it’s only now that I actually get what everyone online was raving about so damn much - and addictive as hell - I just wanna sesh every few hours… I really could go on, everything about it is just superb.

BUT! What I didn’t know prior to starting to build it, is:

• you gotta learn a ton to get it built, which takes time, and lots of it!!,
  • you gotta actually build it, which - with no prior experience in the process - takes a lot of trial, error and correction, and also sheer thinking, coming up with original ideas and learning, and hence also takes a shitton of time!!,
  • and at last, and most importantly - and I do know it’s just my fault not having properly assessed the costs before starting, yadda, yadda, etc. - it is just crazy pricey!!!,

I’ll still be posting some finishing touches, so stay tuned for that, and thanks for sticking with me this whole time, the project was a hell of a ride (pun intended :P) and it was really nice being able to share it with the community - especially given your awesome support :slight_smile:

Personal note: It’s obviously totally subjective, and I’m saying that from my perspective only. Mortgage, a newborn to take care of, full-time job, university, and an East European income are not supporting factors with this kinda build - both time and money are precious commodities to me, and should I’ve known how much of both the project will have consumed I probably wouldn’t have started it in the first place… but hell… It was probably still worth it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

appreciate the read and I hope this board serves you for many years!

1 Like