Best voltmeter for getting percent charge left on LiPo's

I have been shopping around for volt/watt meters and I really don’t know what to look for. All I want to do is read how much charge I have left on my 2 lipo packs so I know when to head home. Does anybody have favorites? FYI I have a two 3S 20C 5000mAh packs in series so I guess it would need to handle 100A.

1 Like

simple and easy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172143986261?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks. Ill buy that tomorrow morning!

@Jinra on a 12s where would you say is the cut off on this volt meter 25%?

Not sure exactly what you’re asking, but @longhairedboy has experience with these perhaps he can help. This chart should give you an idea of what to expect for various voltage setups.

1 Like

It does help thank you

Looks good.

Is this thing configurable? How does configuration work?

I´m building a 10S Setup atm and for the beginning i want the indicator to behave very conservatively and show 0% already when my battery has 35 volts left. Is this possible?

You can set it to different s counts (program mode) and switch between percentage and voltage by just pressing the button on the back

How can I let it show the voltage? In the ebay description for mine it only said how to choose the cell count but not how to switch between percentage and voltage.

Edit: when I start up holding the “up” button the backlight flashes. Releasing the button shows voltage but without backlight. After 2-3s it switches back to percentage with backlight illumination on. Does anyone know whats going on here? I’d rather have it show voltage instead of percent.

AFAIK, the %it shows is set for the setup you have and cannot be changed. The only thing you can program is the cell count.

I just tap the button once and it toggles to voltage, tap twice screen off, then tap a third time and back to percentage. Press and hold button while powering on to enter program mode and pick s count. Got mine from Amazon not eBay so it might be differnt but it looks exactly the same.

Here I took a screenshot of the instructions I found

1 Like