Battery deals on hobbyking

Hope you get a good batch :wink:

at that price it’s worth a test…

1 Like

I can tell ya…those HK graphenes are far from graphene… :confused:

The original batch of HK graphenes we’re flat a123 cells and we’re a lithium chemistry. They had an ok lifespan for cycles and thier IR was that of a regular lipo after about 15 cycles. after about 80 they were at 40+ mohm/cell

I’ve had zippys, nanotechs and bolts last longer.

1 Like

snake oil?

Edit: I got zippy flightmax am i good?

Yea. I’d stick with the bolts or or nanotechs from HK if I was getting lipos

Honestly bolts are my favorite. They are LiHV but if you charge them to lipo voltage (4.20/cell) instead of 4.35 they last arc ages

Edit yes zippys are good to essentially the same as nanotechs

1 Like

I will most likely yet them next,

Also I will Charge my Lipos at 4.10V that good?

Nah charge your lipos to full unless your worried about braking(vesc overcharge cuttoff). Lipos aren’t damaged over time by top of charge like like Li ions. The end discharge is more important for lipo(3.65/c cutoff at the very lowest) if you want long living lipos, and don’t leave them full or above storage (3.85/cell) for longer then 48 hours

you lipo lovers charge to 4.2 and discharge to 3.5 we li-ion lovers charge to 4.1 and discharge to 3.2

meh

1 Like

3.5 on a lipo is damaging… Best practices with lipos is stop at 3.7… 3.65 is where balance starts to drift, 3.6 absolute lowest.

Liions have a wide range depending on cell quality and current being pulled

1 Like

Good Advice I would of set 3.60v cut off But this makes me understand what is most important

3.7v I could do because i bought more range than i need :slight_smile:

EDIT: 3.75 Overkill?

ah yea. the exact reason i’m always sticking to li-ions

lemme just tell you that 2.2v is DEFINETELY not safe for lipos. ask me how I know :rofl:

Hahahaha nope it’s not(2.2v)… lipos are great if you treat them good. I’ve got lots that are years old with almost 1000 cycles and under 10mohm IR… it’s all how you treat them

1 Like

4.15-3.7v is my window of use.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2592234-Turnigy-Graphene

1106 test/use cycles…

2 Likes

Looks amazing

Go Li-po!

my lipo setup was disgraceful lol.

18 hours to charge both my 3s 5ah Zippys, held to my deck with sheer metal, no voltmeter, batt cutoff set to 0v in vesc. “i’ll just go home when it starts slowing down”

1 Like

Ha. Fire skating

1 Like

You should be in jail for what you’ve done.

Did they puff?

1 Like

ever roasted a marshmallow? that’s what they look like now.

they won’t even short anymore cause the voltage is so low :joy:

Hey if you ever puff… Put it in the freezer after you know it’s stable… it’ll shrink the puff…then slowly recharge it.

Learn your lesson and never over discharge it again as a 2nd freezer treatment probably won’t work lol…

nope! charged on my back porch overnight :wink:

some would call me a genius :woman_shrugging: