Battery deals on hobbyking

Whats better:

4S 5000mah 20C zippy $20

3S 5800mah 30C zippy $19

well do you want a 8s or 6s setup? or 9s or 12s i guess

I have 2 5A 3S turnmigys and a 2S lipo gens ace

I want to go for 12S

3 4s batteries is cheaper then 4 3s but 3s has a little more juice.

so do you want cheap and 7%~ less power or expensive and lots of power?

I have 2 20C 3S lipos @5000mah

and a 40C 2S gens ace @5000mah

so I would think a 20C is fine

i mean the difference between them is marginal… but i guess i’d go with (3) 4s Lipos. less wires to fudge around with and series connections.

(i would just rip all the cells apart and turn them into one pack with one balance lead and one terminal lead)

Calculate the WattHours of the battery. 4s (14.8v) x 5Ah = 74Wh 3s (11.1v) x 5.8Ah = 64.38Wh

@NNGG “better” is really subjective in this case… it really depends on your priorities. I don’t think the $1 makes any difference, so the question is how much space do you have in your configuration, and do you need the extra mah? Do you have an ESC that can handle 12S? If you’re going to run 12S, assuming you use a 6s charger, I’d opt for 3 4S packs to make charging more convenient. Charging 4 separate packs will be a pain (but of course, charging three will be a pain too!) I’m guessing that dimensions of both packs are similar.

Hows this one…x3 of these for a 12cell 10,000mah 10c 48v

at 5.3lb’s and $122? mmmmmm, thinking of testing it out for a small grab-n-go-really-far-too

multistar are over rated, and no 10c battery has been found to supply enough juice for eSk8. Search dude…

2 Likes

Don’t be fooled 10c 10,000mAH is the same as 20c 5000mAH,

Just calculate the Amp’s.

But if What your saying about mulistar is true that would be the main concern.

his point was that multistar are more around 5c. not their rated 10c. multistar also puff a metric ton after your ride them for more than 5 minutes

ask me how I know…

1 Like

How do you know?

And I did say that was the main concern,

lol i used to use multistar. they puff like popcorn.

1 Like

Ouch,

10char

1 Like

@Blitz maybe even 5c might be too generous. If you search you will find others who have postulated 3-4c… and anytime you use a battery near it’s rated capacity it sags. Again anyone interested do a search (I previously had before discounting them). You will not find anyone happy using only 10c lipo batteries who is happy with the performance.

The lowest rated lipo in terms of “c” rating people seem happy with are the turnigy graphene 12ah 6s 15c batteries bellow.

In general the graphene batteries test better than other lipos from hobbyking and the rc guys are using them at ratting with good results.

2 Likes

I was just researching Graphene batteries,

It seems like they have added some element that Holds electricity well.

I was looking at the batteries you called out but I went for zippy flightmax I’m Glad you guys made my day, (I was always suspicious of the multistar batteries)

This battery looks Great, 600 life cycles give or take Could it be true is it better than lithium-Ion?

even at 10,000mah? well I ordered them, I’ll let you know how they do…

1 Like