Battery and esc advice for 6364 sk3 245kv

@joaoalmeida @willpark16 is right, please consider consolidating the three threads that you’ve posted today into a single thread that everyone can follow and help you with. It makes it easier for us to see what has already been discussed. You can ask multiple questions in a single thread.

Please make one thread with all the info!

So i have a sk3 6364 245 kv motor and i would probably get a 10s battery what cheap and good ESC should i get? Is the battery i want good for it? What battery or ESC combination is the perfect one?

That motor is going to fly on 10S. I had to check and make sure it was even rated for that, but it is. Wow.

you’re going to want either a VESC or a torqueboards 12S ESC for that monster. Let me know if you hit 88 miles per hour and end up in a field where the old mall will be.

1 Like

So i would probably get a 8s right? What esc should i use for a 8s?

@joaoalmeida I use this motor and 8s. It’s a great combination, recommended. I use VESC and I’m extremely happy with it.

I’m surprised that you’re looking for a “cheap” ESC but you’re considering going with 10S which is going to be expensive and likely more than you need. If cheap is what you need try a single 6S Lipo and one of the community-approved car ESCs… but the ESC won’t save you much since VESC is ~100usd.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ll might go for a 8s battery and the VESC then, do you know any cheap 8s battery, were did you get your battery? (link pls)

You missed a sale where you could buy 2 4S batteries for $40 with $7 shipping, but now I would say buy 3 3S lipos Any hobbyking turnigy or zippy

@joaoalmeida I use two Zippy compact 4S 25C 5000mah packs wired in series (that means that discharge of both packs is combined to increase power output). It’s written about in my build thread that I linked above.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21371__ZIPPY_Compact_5000mAh_4S_25C_Lipo_Pack.html

and… please consider consolidating your questions to a single thread :slight_smile:

9S! Hmmmm… That would be kind of exotic… a 9S5P in 18650s … I’m feeling things.

So i have sk3 6364mm 245kv motor and i was wondering what ESC should i get with the 8s battery but i dont know wich battery to get but i would want the cheapest one and good, do you know one good cheap 8s battery? And maybe what should i get a vesc or a esc? i think the vesc is to expensive

I bought 2 4s Turnigy Multistar 10000mah 10C batteries and they were on sale for $31 each at hobby king. I think the price increased a little but they are great for the price

@joaoalmeida please consider consolidating the three threads that you’ve posted today into a single thread that everyone can follow and help you with. It makes it easier for us to see what has already been discussed. You can ask multiple questions in a single thread.

You gotta do some research on your own, my friend. You can let people tell you what to get or you can get reading everything you can and make a better decision. Plus you will be stronger for it. Some dudes on the forum make it all look so easy, but it is a hell of a lot of work to research all of the parts!! I still get frustrated when studying. It’s not for a lack of options, it’s too damn many options!! Don’t get discouraged by all of the stuff there is to learn. Take it all in bites. Also consider that the cheapest “buy in” price is not always the best overall decision. Especially if you are on a budget, you can’t afford to keep replacing bad parts. Then there’s bad parts that take out other good parts as they inevitably fuck up. You have a motor…245kv…You can begin to build your electrical system off of those specs. If you go Lipo, it will be a cheaper buy in, but questionable durability/ longevity and you will need to buy a balance charger and power supply to go with it. If you choose 18650 packs, you can get one(or build one) with a battery management system (BMS) that will take good care of your investment. If you are looking for wicked cheap…Lipo/ImaxB6/power supply. Check out hobbyking.com and use the toolbar to narrow your battery search down to 4s and use two wired in series. IMO Try to get the highest “C” rating for the $$$. I wish you the best, brutha.

2 Likes

I agree i dont know whats best for my motor, but thank you, how do i build 18650 packs with a BMS? Will it have a better performance?

use lipos first because making your own pack takes lots of understanding things about batteries and is very dangerous to begin with. if u want 18650s just buy a pre maid pack.

That’s a whole other topic with a lot of moving parts and knowledge requirments. A few of us have just started building our own in our garages after a couple years of riding on lipos. Maybe at some point someone would like to start a thread about it and offer some advice. There are a few threads here already that contain good information, and i have posted a little bit about it as part of my build threads.

but building your own 18650 packs is not cheap. There is a learning curve, and there is equipment. 18650 cells are not cheap when buying enough cells to make the pack worth it. And not only do you need a BMS, you need a charger to match the BMS. You may be able to build an 18650 pack right the first time and not set it on fire, but i think just starting out you would be better dealing with a premade, off the shelf lipo pack and a regular old balance charger. Try to find one with an AC cord though so you don’t have to find a DC power supply. You may some cash there.

Are you only writing questions? Why don’t you read the answers others are giving you?

I amalgamated a few of @joaoalmeida 's topics into one which is why there are a lot of questions in here.

What power bank would you then recomend to that king of motor?