Anyone used a skate deck for an eboard?

Lol better off prob having one made for you…

Find a cabinet maker :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The guy who made the 55 in longboard is a cabinet maker by trade

Lol, any bet it would be more expensive here haha. We need more variety

@VladPomogaev This is Vlad’s build

1 Like

Yeah, NZ is a bloody long way from just about everywhere. I’d personally grab a used board from trademe.co.nz and spent a few hours cleaning it up. Provided the board is structurally sound, most wood boards clean up nicely.

Source: Kiwi living in Oz.

1 Like

Hasn’t been anything good on. I was thinking about getting a nice jet spud or potato longboard from aus :slight_smile:

@Michaelinvegas @lowGuido after trying so many sketchy mini cruiser decks I won’t do anything under 20" wheelbase on decks 30" and under for 90mm wheels.

Oh but the fun in riding it a low speed… It really is a challenge

Nobody does it cause we are so concerned abt getting speed…

Did a rip session a few weeks ago for a few miles…great work out

Word, I think I’m gonna try this regular skate deck with trucks on the kicktails thing. I have an old school sector 9 lying around.

For sure it is def a fun time…

Caving at low speed and being able to turn on a dime…

Almost didn’t miss the speed

1 Like

I did it guys. It works!

6 Likes

“This guy on instructables” would be @VladPomogaev Very great work, I really love the way it’s all planned out and documented one step at a time

1 Like

it’s late and not done, but just finished sanding a 33x10 old school style deck i’m settig up for a buddy of mine. Moved the WB back a bit and putting the front truck on nose/angle.

Here it is yesterday as i was prepping to lay down the top CF:

and lots of sanding:

CF laid by hand isn’t perfect, so sanding and will add a quick clearcoat for UV and give it some wet/shine to look nicer.

GL!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the advice, after consideration I decided to get this… http://www.extremeskates.com.au/longboards/longboard-deck/jet-mr-potato Not a skateboard but very similar to @RunPlayBacks spud deck which looks awesome. A skate deck would have been a bit wild for me I think. I have been commuting with a longboard for a while but this will be my first eboard so wanted something a bit more stable. Can’t wait to go for a ride. Just need to wait now :-/ maybe a skate deck will be in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might only work with hubs with rotated mounts because I don’t think it works on enertion mounts… It only works when you flip a truck backwards in that way you can’t ride it. Flip it the normal way and you mounts are way to close to the ground

that looks sweet with the all black deck :slight_smile: yeah you’re right, this may be most viable for hubs because of that crazy angle. have you tried pushing around with it?

Thanks! It’s a cheap 20 dollar deck off amazon cuz I wanted to try this for myself lol. I tried pushing it around but it doesn’t turn as it is. I might just put my hubs on this maybe…

try it…it’s super fun. I rode around all day in the city with this setup and really enjoyed it

Haha I’m jealous now I wish the geometry worked out and it worked with zero modification… I’ll work on it more later. I could get mounts that flip which I think are only TB mounts and psycho mounts

And the best bonus feature? It can stand up on it’s own :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What parts did you use? Motor mount? Regular skate trucks? Im planning on building an electric trick deck. Any info would be great. thanks