Anyone tried to use these rubber offroad wheels?

Yeah Im considering that

I have a set in my psycho van kid…Do you want to check 'em out?

4 Likes

Try it! It won’t hurt their performance.

Is there such thing as a expanding thane foam? thane with bubbles, some kind of carbonate, you could fill the wheels with it?

1 Like

What’s wrong with air?

Maybe very hard can be a good thing in the right applications. How about snow tires with studs.

1 Like

I didn’t think they were sealed (aka tubeless style)? Do they have a bead rim or?

The Flywheel pullies from DIY fit these. Maybe someone has already mentioned it if so I apologize lol

Edit : I’m from ky don’t hate me! :joy::joy::joy: I didn’t pay attention to the core. All I noticed was nobby tires

Kind of already regretting my purchase. I should have asked if you had tried these specific wheels. It was an impulse buy.

Maybe I will get a cheap deck and try them out pushing. I’ll just sell them if not.

My original idea was to put them on a lathe like I have seen a few people do on those other off-road wheels

Yeah…They are shitty. Hopefully nobody else wasted money on them.

I still think there should be some kind of light softer wheel that is ~100 mm or so. Maybe some kind of airless tire

Something like this

6 Likes

this is a cool concept

https://www.behance.net/gallery/881928/Mountainboard-Wheel

2 Likes

Thats crazy @curioussavage

I have seen that sort of design before, but never with the inserts to change wheel hardness

clever concept…

6 Likes

Looks really nice, thanks for posting images.

Im wondering whenever the cost is always that much higher for these airless tires that they are not as popular yet.

Anyways the ones u posted do look quite good

1 Like

for sure @Okami, it is just a concept, but intriguing, I would have thought inserts closer to the hub would be more effective at progressively limiting rebound for example… inserts in the outer layer would just stop rebound… but cool direction :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Cobber So what perfect tires have u found?

U seem to be using bigger pneumatic tires than some street / urban setups might be using.

But what do u think would be your choice of 5-6 inch pneumatic tires / wheels?

I know @psychotiller has some really good wheels from what @MoeStooge have been saying.

But other.than that do.u know.any.other.besides.his?

I know enertion also had some but not.anymore, the last o.had seen.someone.using them was @monkey32 but as far.as.i.know.he.sold.his to someone else.

I don’t think perfect tires for eSk8 have been made yet bro. Yeah psycho’s sixshooters look to be the business, slightly square, billet hubs… they look nice for that size. I have not seen anything else but plastic toy wheels. I’d love to see psycho’s wheels with a deep angular block tread pattern, something like the old avon distanza’s had…

kind of a duel sport moto pattern

2 Likes

here is another interesting option. In the gif at the bottom of this crappy indiegogo campaigns website

https://jcrboard.com/

those rubber wheels look pretty neat. “damping rubber wheels”

At that thickness it doesn’t seem like that is going to dampen much but something along these lines could work. heck maybe I could carefully drill some small holes in my wheels.

1 Like

^^^ That’s exactly what I was thinking. I say try riding them as is, then drill a bunch of holes and report back…for science. :microscope:

3 Likes