Angels Bride ❤ | Double Kicktail Longboard 36" x9.25 | 180mm Paris Trucks | Pink 97mm flywheel | Dual N5065 270kv | Custom Enclosed | Generic Steel Motor Mounts | 2x 6s 5ah Lipo | GT2B Controller and Converted Enclosed | Hobbywing XeRun XR8 Plus 6s ESC

You gots Lipos in the house now :boom: Can’t been too careful eh?

1 Like

True true so true. What do you know about the difference between vesc and Ezrun Max6 esc?

Maybe more like the diffreence between VESCs and ESCs in general ?

1 Like

I love VESC and everything, (I have 3 of them) but I have many super fun builds using HK 150A ESC. so straightforward and simple. no computer hacking involved. the 2 main reasons I go VESC is because direct nunchuck compatibility (which is worth about $70 alone) and anything over 6S really limits ESC choice.

1 Like

@michaelinvegas Yes, what makes one more different than the other?

1 Like

Drilled holes for hex skews to latch into so motor mounts won’t slip. Did it for all three. Then added threadlocker to keep hex skrews in place. Solid as a rock.

7 Likes

I’m confused. I emailed the Ebay seller and asked for close up pics of the motor mounts as the ones in the Ebay picture don’t look very sturdy. He emailed pictures of the exact motor mounts you have… but you say your mate made them? I assume you are playing around?

Checking as I’m about to order the same kit.

1 Like

why exactly did you mount the motor holder plate left of the truck holder? This will obviously cause a diagonal belt - which is far from ideal!

1 Like

He is playing around.

1 Like

Thought so! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@RogerD I got these from a friend and told my other half where to find them. We have another set as well to put on another board. These are the same ones.

Looking good @XvDarkVAngelvX! Vinyl looks like it laid down well. Get it trimmed and grip taped! I’m a fan of Viscious if you can find some - and the xtra grip cloud nine too (is already perforated which helps avoid bubbles). Just hurt if you skin your knuckle trimming it!

1 Like

@XvDarkVAngelvX should take off the wrap off the motor … Will act as an insulator … As @chaka would say…You wouldn’t wear a sweater to a beach … Would you? Lol

1 Like

Yea, but it might dissipate heat better then the default metal.

Why i’d think it does:

• The CF vinyl isn’t flat, it has tiny vents. (which you can feel when rubbing over it with your thumb-nail.)

Why I’d think it doesn’t:

• Metal is already a pretty good dissipating heat, probably better then the plastic vinyl.

I do think there are some kind of tapes you can wrap around your motor to dissipate the heat eve better then the default metal casing. We should do some tests with it. If anyone know if whether this exist or not, please tell me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vinyl will insulate not help dissipate motor heat. If you want to add heatsinks (not likely), or a cooling fan at the end - that airflow would help cool the motor. Wrapping it will hold in heat, but does look nice!

1 Like

Aight, thanks .

1 Like

Thanks @sl33py @Michaelinvegas @RogerD @Maxid and @ikjahaa for the props :yum:. I will take all info and feedback into consideration. I love you guys. Y’all are a wonderful help. Don’t know what I would have done without y’all. Can’t forget @link5505 @longhairedboy @lowGuido @t1m0007 and @Tarzan and for anyone I might have forgotten.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hahah she’s too cute…

Wow…wish I could get my girl on a board lol I guess when hell freezes over lol

Nice!

You made her one of the proud and few that have a custom esk8

Gotta get that Texas Esk8er Squad going

2 Likes