Aluminum Abec 11 wheel pulleys group buy

@mainstreet, @JuniorPotato93 I’ll be milling the first set tonight. See how it goes. I do have a set of backup files that do not have the 45deg slope just in case it’s too much for my bits or if the resolution is crap. Will definitely get it recorded if I can find the shop cam. (I do not own a go-pro)

Yes, looking for 4 cores as well if possible, this is for a AWD/4WD build thanks!

Well my boss kicked me out of the office yesterday before the gear stock arrived and said I wasn’t allowed back until after New Years. So the project is on pause for now. I will try to sneak in next week and get the stock cut but it depends on when I get back from Florida.

Update on the cores, the first one didn’t work out too well, the slope had some fillets that didn’t fit the wheel. I would like to have it be a one bit job as changing the bit mid job will get very time consuming.

Merry Christmas!!!

Haha. Merry Christmas and enjoy FL

1 Like

Any updates?

Yes!!! I’m working on it as we speak! Was about to update this thread. All the stock finally came in Monday but I hadn’t had the time to work on it.

Here are some pictures of the gear stock.

I tried putting it on the lathe and drilling the 1" hole but apparently my large drill bits are dull, I got up to 5/8". I will go buy a new bit set in the AM and try again at lunch. Once I have that hole drilled out, the 6-32 taps should be fairly easy to do on the cnc mill (Stock is currently too tall to fit and I don’t want to clamp the teeth!)

1 Like

4 Likes

Hey all! All the gears have been cut! I did not have time to take pictures but they looked pretty sweet! I did take some footage with my gopro while it was on the lathe but again I have not reviewed it.

I am going to be out of town the next 2 weeks flight testing in Arizona as one of our pilots got sick last minute and I am the backup.

So what is left is to mill the new hubs, I’ve got a new set of ball end mills and I’ll try to to get the old sleek desing going again but if It comes out bad again then I’ll redesign without the slope and recut.

1 Like

@PXSS Hi, is it possible to leave at this stage? Bought some in the meanwhile ( it was under 18 euros for both motor and wheel ). If not I can understand it of course.

Or is anyone interested into 2x36T 9mm ones for dual drive? It would be the best solution so I dont have to sell them later ( wasted shipping costs to me ).

If anyone is willing to take your spot sure, the issue is I have bought all the stock already.

Sorry it’s taking so long. I was not expecting to be out of town all of this time.

Yeah, that’s the issue I was worried about and I don’t want you to suffer any loss.

We can work it out when I have them all done. We can post them up for sale and I can ship them if the buyer is in the US or ship them to you if they’re in EU.

1 Like

How is your CAM and tooling situation for the cores comming along? Have you managed to cut anything close to the CAD yet? I am looking at the design and I am so curious how it will come together.

I’m super stoked to see the results.

Any updates. - no hurrry just curious

Work has been way crazy over the past few months and this project kinda stalled. I won’t hold anyone accountable to what they asked for since it’s been such a long time but as soon as I have them ready, you guys will have first dibs at them and if you dont want them anymore, they will go up for sale…

Is it possible to get in on this still? I would like 1x 36t 12mm to Sweden if possible

I’ll update this thread once I have them cut. I just haven’t had much free time. (It’s 3am and I’m still working lol)

I’m still holding out for it, FYI.

I’m out.

Got two hubs and pulleys from Trampa and it is great.

I have found an alternative with an accepted quality level, so I’m out.