AI13 w/ Skikes | 3D ABS Enclosure | TB 6355 190KV | MEB VESC | 8k mAh Zippy's

Run those wheels careful and carry extra tires especially on pavement.

Hah, cool that you found about them now! At least I now know that what im writing and posting here is not useless :wink: and unworthy :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve been sort of ‘‘dreaming’’ about getting such a ‘‘slim’’ / ‘‘bare’’ board like the noSno in the future, too :slight_smile:

Electric version of it (done right) should look deadly / badass :slight_smile:

Somehow from looking and seeing that you got an aluminium deck yourself, I thought about sharing some of these ‘‘bizzare’’ deck ideas with you… so yeah, I hope you will figure something out one day and will be able to get such a ‘‘bare’’ board yourself :slight_smile:

A lot of them are located in the uk, unfortunately… not sure will you easly get one in usa… but you can try :)… Since you live on the east side might not be that much of a problem

About that dirt track you mentioned:

We have a state park close to me, Joe Wheeler State Park, that has an 8 mile dirt trail that Im dieing to try on en eMTB.

That would be an awesome experience to ride it probably - Ive been already imagining how would it be to get some ‘‘big air’’ with an emtb :slight_smile: It looks like @Nowind has done some jumps before, just not sure how big :slight_smile:

Plus, you would probably need a somewhat decent battery size for that track… or at least a hot swap battery available :slight_smile: I think those little hills (if the track has them) would eat some battery life while climbing them

Is there something I should know? You got me worried now :slight_smile:

Thats no problem, I have colleagues in the UK, I am sure I could get one of them to purchase the deck and accessories and then ship it to me. Ill be looking into this for sure.

I think he saw somewhere that one guy had a broken hub / rim… another one (or the same) said that they wear down pretty fast… (the wheels / tread of them)…

Not sure should you take this as a concern… I think the same happens with car tires… depends on how you handle them etc… probably just dont do some massive jumps or any other abuse to them… :smiley:

After busting an enclosure and volt meter I dont do big curb hops or jumps anymore. I’ll keep an eye on them after every ride to make sure they don’t blow on me.

1 Like

Ive had blowouts while carving hard ( which feels awesome) at 20 mph… I rolled out of it but could really hurt. These tires only have like 100-200km range on hard surface. I have a set of the original enertion 5 rims that I ran mine on. Haven’t had them on in a bit, but bought a stock from alien… Drive want to try other 5 inch rubber

The rubber wears quick

Blowout sounds dramatic. More of a instaflat. the rim had 0 traction

Ewww, doesnt sound fun. I think I’ll be ok, just building this board to ride some golf trails and rough concrete. I doubt I’ll ever hit 15mph on it. Glad you weren’t hurt.

Carving with these is the best…Didn’t mean to scare just be careful out there.:surfer:

Ill give it a try, just don’t know how to Ill get any traction from feet to deck with no concave on the board for big carves.

Nawww, my Mamma always said I was too dumb to be scared :slight_smile:. Prolly why I had 6 concussions, 2 broke arms and 2 broke legs before I was out of high school.

For anyone that does not want to go through all the trouble and have the skike hubs machined:

They are a little different (6 instead of 5 “screw” holes) but it is a 2 part design which should in theory eliminate that painful tire change. Just printed them now for the first time and will have to mount a tire once I am home. But looking good :thumbsup:

3 Likes

@Maxid hah, cool idea actually… - something goes out of production or is hard to obtain - create on your own and print with 3d printer… :smiley:

What plastic did you use for them? Just curious … how well they will hold up compared to that ABS + composite plastic they seem to be using for regular plastic hubs

printed in ABS+ on a uPrint SE

@mmaner sorry for hijacking your thread - just seemed like it would fit here with your skike wheels

Nice, I am interested in how the hold up. How much are you planning on selling them for? I would also suggest making pilot holes for standard wheel pulleys (36T prolly), with a 190KV motor on 10s, startup shouldn’t be a problem.

No worries here brother, its all info for the greatest adiction of all time :joy:

Actually was not planning on selling them. I’ll upload the file to grabCAD once i actually know they hold up.

I will design a standoff plate so that I can mount my 36t kegel pulley on it which has 5 screw holes and was intended for the original skike hub.

@Maxid If they hold up and you can offer them for a decent price I think - why not… skike wheels seems to have went extinct a bit…

Great idea, Ill keep a watch for them. Good thinking.