About the ESK8 Electronics category

I’m attempting to build an Electric Skateboard, I bought a battery from here - https://www.icrfq.com/part/3884479-CSLA1CD.html for my Skateboard. Could you please suggest me this is the correct battery for my skateboard? The battery information is given below or you may check the datasheet of CSLA1CD (datasheet link given above):

• Output - Ratiometric, Voltage - 49.6mV/N
  • Voltage - Supply - 8 V ~ 16 V
  • Current - Supply - 19mA (Max)
  • Sensor Type - Hall Effect, Open Loop

apparently you gotta post a few replies to create your own thread so heres my reply

Hiya, Absolute newbie to the forum. Found it a bit difficult just to create an account on my iphone5. Now I’m trying to post a question… am I supposed to introduce myself somewhere or something?

How did you go? Just trying to get started myself.

good morning. forgive for my English, I’m from Spain. I bought a skateboard and only cut it so that I could put it on the board I want. When I lengthen the cable, I have this problem. somebody could help me? I have only extended the cable.

Thank you.

Problem solved ?

VESC not responding to Controller Using the VESC tool, I updated my 4.12 Flier VESC from 2.54 Firmware to 3.34 Firmware. The update was successful (according to the VESC tool), but now the VESC will not respond to input from the controller. The VESC was communicating fine with the receiver until after the firmware update. I have tried a few things to troubleshoot this, but no success. Transmitter/receiver – a. Redid the binding process – still not communicating b. Tried all channels – Still not communicating c. Tried using another VESC to insure the Transmitter/Receiver was working correctly – Worked fine on 4.1 hardware/2.18 firmware d. All lights on Transmitter/receiver indicate that the connection between the two are active/correct (ie: steady light on both) e. Tried a different Transmitter/receiver – still no communication (but this trans/rec works fine on second VESC) 2. VESC – a. Reapplied Firmware update – still not communication with controller b. VESC tool communicates with VESC correctly – can change settings, they are saved and applied c. Rebooting VESC after each change – still no communication with Receiver d. When using the VESC tool, I can control the motor and it functions correctly (ie: The motor accelerates/brakes/etc. using the arrow keys on the keyboard). The problem seems to be with the VESC recognizing the receiver. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this?

Need to add an extra battery to an existing board with battery already. I bought this board off amazon. I want the range to be more. How do I add a switch to switch between batteries when one dies?

why cant i make a thread?

I have the (3) of the batteries below wired in series, providing 36 volts. I want to replace with Lion batteries with at least double range. I am using have (2) of the motors below as well.

I need some recommendations on battery setup. I can buy or build pack.

so am i, here to create my own replies, that is

1 Like

hi all, I have been building my project for a while now and managed to kill 2 x VESC controllers. 1 of them I know I powered up with no motor and went full throttle. (don’t know my I did it :smile:), I know this causes the DRV ERROR so I will be replacing the DRV chip next week. but the other is somewhat of an unknown so I am hoping someone can help.

I have: 12s 6Ah power pack Flipsky Antispark 13s BMS (China) Flipsky VESC 4.12 50A Cont.

I setup the VESC as normal, configured for the remote and setup the motor FOC sensored 60A for all except 20A regen.

Motor tested and setup with no issues, I could use the motor from the remote also with no issues, but then I went full throttle and BANG!! VESC has popcorned the DRV chip. and by popcorned I mean there is a hole in it.! When this blew it also took at the Anti-Spark board. (great :pensive:)

I know FOC is not recommended but my test rig before building this was FOC with this controller but no BMS, Anti-Spark and only 6s 6Ah battery pack.

I will also repair this VESC but I need to try and understand what and why it happened. please can I ask for views on this?

Hello, first of all you somebody doesnt have time then skip this post because im asking this for a friend who doesnt speak english but has a problem. recently his skateboard broke up and the decided to build a custom one using focbox 3.30 FW and engine sk3 6374 192kv and 6s acumulators li-pol but the problem is that the vesc tool FW is so overhelming to him that he doesnt really know where to begin, sites in our languages are very limited in information about that since electric skateboards are not very popular here. It does work but the the skateboard is very sluggish. The top speed is ok but accelerating from standing position is very slow making it difficult to drive on the streets (red lights etc).

i would really appreciate if somebody patient could help us solve it as Vesc tool FM looks very confusing. I will post any additional info if needed ofc.

Thanks in advance

Hobby king do a cheap charger that will charge up to 6s, that will do you unless you want to charge 10s 12s you need something like the graupner 18s.

commenting so I can make a thread

Hello everyone! I am completely new to skateboard building and have a few questions to ask. I recently unboxed my new VESC, motor, receiver and batteries and I am putting them all together now. I am using the VESC BLDC tool to configure the VESC, remote and motor. Unfortunately, when I try to configure the motor settings something interesting happens. When I try to run the motor detection test. nothing happens for a few seconds, then a message pops up in the message box that says “detection failed”, and in the bottom right corner, outlined in red, “bad connection result received”. Also, now my VESC in flashing pink in sets of two flashes, not three. I honestly have no idea what is going on! Please help! :grimacing:

hi I am very new to the esk8 world, but i recently built my first board, I am running a 12s 2p battery from torque boards with there 6374 190kv motor …its a single setup,i have ridden it a few times it starts out super strong and kinda crazy fast but seems like at about 70% batt life i get a power drop off is that normal? seems strange to me but with nothing to compare it to not really sure will say for example it goes from speeds of 25mph+ to toping out at maybe 20 or less at 70% battery then after parking the board for a bit (with turned off ) when i turn it back on the battery display says 90% with being plugged in… not sure what thats about.

hi I am very new to the esk8 world, but i recently built my first board, I am running a 12s 2p battery from torque boards with there 6374 190kv motor …its a single setup,i have ridden it a few times it starts out super strong and kinda crazy fast but seems like at about 70% batt life i get a power drop off is that normal? seems strange to me but with nothing to compare it to not really sure will say for example it goes from speeds of 25mph+ to toping out at maybe 20 or less at 70% battery then after parking the board for a bit (with turned off ) when i turn it back on the battery display says 90% with out being plugged in… not sure what thats about.

Hey anyone know what I can do to swap out DIYeboard.com’s esc for the 10s5pdual belt motor kit ? I ordered it about a month ago and have been replacing parts as they fail which has been rediculously quickly. But as I put almost 30 miles a day on it I kinda figured as much. Anyway any ideas on what esc would work and hold up to the miles I put on it?

I can’t make one either. I think you need to read a certain amount but I’m not sure.