ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

I can respect that about the name. However, I have taken the liberty of updating your title because you deserve mad respect for giving back on this level. That’s what this forum and community is about and you’re setting a great example. thank you.

8 Likes

Holy shit. I didn’t realize anyone can change someone else’s name and title on here? Or is it just because you’re a moderator? Also, it’s an honor. Thanks.

3 Likes

Ditto! I have not witnessed someone who would do so much for so little, and ask for nothing in return. I image @JuniorPotato93 stays up very late trying to perfect these pulleys. I am not a 3D designer myself so I can ONLY imagine how much time it takes. Thanks @JuniorPotato93! I hope you have an ESK8 and are already enjoying it. If not, I think we need to all pitch in and get him one.

1 Like

The power of skatan flowing through me allows me this ability.

Also i’m an admin.

1 Like

I’m mid build on my board, everything is kinda waiting to arrive. :cry: once I can start making the thing I was going to do a build thread.

1 Like

Cool! Well, if there’s anything you are not a master of and need help, let us know. We have to repay you some how! Can’t wait for the updated pulleys! :+1:

Pulley updates for the ABEC/Clone Series will be this Saturday. Depending on how the ABEC 107 adventures of caustin goes in the next two days, the 107 pulleys will become available Sunday, and or later in the week depending on how long it takes for me to get all my stuff up to uni and settle in.

Awesome, what are you missing or need for your build, terrifying the number of spare excess parts lying around my build space these days and happy to ship to you in a sec!

1 Like

Lol 12 hours and $12 later and a street corner exchange. Funny talked the 3D printer guy out of buying a boosted during the exchange, he will be a good source down the road!

5 Likes

Scandalous phone booth encounters! I hope you wore a trench coat, hat, and sunglasses when you met up.

2 Likes

When 3D printing ,… is it nessesary to have a flange on the wheel gear, ??

Nice m8,

I will help you with trying out different profiles if you want. I have clones and have some down time to print stuff out if you want confirmation that a pulley fits right.

The answer is no. You can leave it open. Reason I put it on all my gears is because for those who want it, they just print the full file. For those who don’t want it, they offset the file by 1.5mm. Now you’ve made one piece that can accommodate both sides of the market. It’s just better that way.

1 Like

Don’t print the current Thingiverse files. I will be fixing them and re-uploading all the files for the ABEC/Clones this saturday. I’ll up date here when they are but what I do it I print the common part to all pulley, which I did yesterday night, and now it’s just a matter of changing the pulley portions. So verification in theory is no longer required. Just enjoy!

I’m amazed he found a phone booth to begin with! Haven’t seen one of those in public in years.

1 Like

i would always recommend a wheel-side flange on a wheel pulley if possible. Unless you like black swirls on your wheels from the belt rubbing. they look really cool, but i mean… its not a sign of a good thing.

I’ve printed the 50t pulley for my MBS-wheels: first, the color is terrible, I thought it would be a nicer green…

The MBS are slightly different from the abecs and clones, so I removed some urethan to close the gap left: modified / right: original

blue: the 40t fit close because of the remove urethan, green: the 50t don’t fit close (both wheels with removed urethan)

from core to top: 6mm

about 9mm => 3mm gap (on the blue one this is about 6mm => no gap)

core width: 45mm

width of the hole on top: 53mm

abec11 97mm, same 3mm gap

Thx for making these files, after your rework I’ll test your next version.

@E-Boarding Yeah I posted yesterday the files from 42- 50 had to be fixed!!! If you look at the post I made earlier today I fixed one file to confirm and it fits the cones perfectly. In theory it will also fit the abec flywheels perfectly as well. Don’t print anything else!! Please! Save your filament!!! I’m just busy at work, I’ll come in on the weekend and fix all the files on Saturday and re-upload them!

I know, I printed them last week, took some days to arrive. Take the time you need, you’re doing a good job. :wink:

Two questions: Is anyone watching this over the pond keen on finding someone in Europe to print these?? I don’t know enough to spec the print but I’ll organise.

And 2, I think anyone who is gonna benefit from this should add a little bonsella to the @JuniorPotato93 school fund - and I’d be happy to throw a few bob in. Who else??

I really, really, really, really, really want to pimp my daily commute with 107 wheels :wink: