ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

Here she is buddy. All yours for the time being :stuck_out_tongue: Everyone else will get their turns.

5 Likes

So I just finished making the files and with the flat face adaptor for the bolts, you will need a 60-65mm M5 Bolt and Nut or a 2.25-2.5" 10-32 Bolt and Nut to mount these onto the 107 Iā€™d say go with the longer ones to be safe. @caustin Iā€™m just sending you the files now so let us now how they turned out when you get them back.

This side tracked me from todays goals which was to fix the 40-50 flywheel and clone pulleys to eliminate that gap so Iā€™ll do that tomorrow instead and reprint one to confirm.

Wow, these look like beauties!! I will get them printed ASAP on 3Dhub. If anyone has advice on material choice or specific instructions or best 3dhub printer near 10012 zipcide then fire away as the first pulleys I got printed were ok but a little brittle ABS so a few prongs broke as I jammed them In and out if abecs, clones, MBS of various sizes!!

There are a handful of strong filaments these days. They are not cheap tho. Tungeston, nylon infused, and there are a few with metal in them. I recommend the nylon. Never printed with it but hear raving reviews.

Yes, I settled on Vibranium but the shipping costs from Wakanda were brutal so using PLS for first swing trial lol

2 Likes

This is exciting! Esk8 community coming together to bring something new to the DIY market. I love this!

1 Like

Just kidding @JLabs I think you are right TJ settle on some nylon for finalā€¦and of course those 6354 motors you sold me!!

Haha, nylon will do the trick. I really want to see these things.The wheels look massive, and the pulley looks like a direct fit.

Yes, I found myself riding AT pneumatic wheels in NYC just so that I didnā€™t have to constantly think about the next pothole. These pulleys are for my 107mm 4WD build finally underway, tame the streets of NYC and get a workout carrying the deck otherwise given associated weight lol!

Pulley should be a direct fit for the wheel but lets not forget that the 3D model is based mainly on pictures and pictures that have measurements in them :joy: Iā€™m hopeful but I would not be surprised if thereā€™s some tweaking to be done. Thanks for @caustin for putting up the funds to test print these btw. I like to print everything myself and test it before anyone else may run into an issue but thats not an option in this case.

@JuniorPotato93 @Mikeomania12 Iā€™d be willing to print it of you need. No problem!

Iā€™m not sure who would be the best choice for your zip, but donā€™t have them print in anything more expensive than PLA.

I use PLA in 80-100% infill for all of my pulleys and not a single one has every broken, bent, cracked, anything. ABS is very brittle as you observed compared to PLA, but it doesnā€™t get surface smudges (small indents in plastic) as often. That doesnā€™t matter in our situation, so PLA is your best bet. It will likely be much less to print as well. Make sure when you order it, though, that you specify you want them done in at least 80% infill. These things need to be strong, and the more infill the better.

someone tried this pulley? http://alteredusa.com/product/abec-11-electric-flywheel/

I ordered this pulley online a month ago but have not been able to get a response from the company by email or phone. I assume they are no longer in business unless someone knows better? Altered USA, anyone know or near these guys?

20918 Bake Parkway, Suite 106 Lake Forest, CA 92630

Iā€™m not surprised. These guysā€™ boards are out of date with current technology. Look at the size of their brushless motor and it peaks at 600W for the pro series? That thing is massive. These guys also sell a full board set up at walmart for $195. I think they were in the business to make a very cheap high volume esk8, got their deal and got out.

yeah, lol. I was hoping there was one guy sitting in a warehouse once a week that would be talked in to mailing me a few pulleys on the way out but probably too late! Their phone lines are still up and taking vmail, last website post was Nov 2015. You can still buy a Raptor from them for $50 though lol!

So not 107 related but original post related. Iā€™m going to redo all the ABEC series pullies, the thick hub version for sure since it works with both, if I have time Iā€™ll make a thin hub version as well but I go back to school in a weekā€™s time so I may not get a chance for it. But the point is theyā€™re all being redone from scratch. Hereā€™s why.( And also this why I much rather model something from scratch myself than use someone elseā€™s work to start with.)

See the flat ring before the chamfer? it measures something around 50mm in diameter.

You see the ring where eurothane meets core? Thats 46mm in diameter on the outside of the flat black edge.

Theres roughly 7mm between that ring where the two materials meet and the face of the bearing. Perfect, the 3D models available that were used to base the pullies also have 7mm retainers relative to that flat ring it but it leaves a hug gap, and it always will because the two profiles will never match up. Because the 50mm ring will NEVER sit flush with respect to the wheel. Will it be good enough? Sure. But why are we settling for good enough? See how you can see a 3-4 mm gap at the bottom once the pulley is FULLY seated? I dont like thisā€¦

So since I had the wheel I said fuck it, lets start over the right way. So hereā€™s what a proper seated pulley should look like. Sits flush to the exterior wall.

With no gapping holes at the bottom where the face will fully seat up against the same plane as the bearing. That ring you see is not actually a gap but rather a thin slit created from the interior diameter of the pulley being slightly larger than the core where the pulley sits in, like how it dips down before coming back up. You can see the difference in the two profiles here.The left is a 40T and the right is a 36T but look at the cone and the retainer. Well, retainer is very similar, you wont notice anything there but the cone is sized the right way.

Eurothane is squishy. Thats why it makes great wheels. What it doesnt make is a great reference plane to clamp against. Always engage your core. Itā€™s great for your posture and itā€™s great for your pullies. A pulley that sits on the core will not be affected by the way the wheel warps under pressure while you stand on it, or ride over a curb or rock or whatever you want to ride over. It also wont be affected when you wrench down on your bolts. It will push up against the face of the core and it will sit true with respect to the axis of rotation. Maybe Iā€™m just being really picky but a good design should account for these things.

Enertionā€™s pulley? Itā€™s 45.5mm in diameter. Thats a good design.

Yā€™all probably dont care but this is kinda what I do for a living so it erked me. Iā€™m done.

5 Likes

NICE! This is something that really, really needed to be done and you totally stepped up bro.

I am now graduating you from JuniorPotato to MASTERPotato. Please update your user name to reflect this.

Also iā€™m glad the extra wheels i sent you helped out the community in some way. It fills me with warm squishy feelings.

2 Likes

You better not mean Mr. Potato lol !!

http://www.hasbro.com/en-us/brands/playskool/mrpotatohead

Junior Potato is a thing because of my initials. Master Potato would actually be my dad wince his name is Mario :stuck_out_tongue:. Those wheels are being put to good use. The other pulleys are almost done printing too :wink: