ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

Can you make HTD3 pulleys with 60 teeth for 15mm belts. This is for fitting Abec 11 flywheels to a Bosted Board 2.

Not sure. I donā€™t have any htd 3m pulley files, but I can look around. Those teeth are getting pretty small, but they may be floating around. I will take a look and get back to you.

Hereā€™s one for Boosted on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2039484

could you make the model of the flywheels you modeled available? Iā€™m designing some parts that need to fit to them atm but donā€™t have a real flywheel on hand.

Can 50T version work well with 90mm wheels? Or should i go with smaller pulley?

no, a 50T pulley is about 90mm in size, go something about 40T (depending on your drive-train)

It is actualy 80mm on the .stl file. But i understand the sizing issue. Thanks

I have a boosed V1 and would like to put the v2 Orangatangs on the v1. Can anyone help my find the stl file for the pulley in this video? I would be happy to print out a second set for the person than can help me find the pulley file in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWF8vodshlc&feature=youtu.be

some amazing work. but, does anyone know where I can get a 32T 15mm one from? im pretty handy at using Inventor and fustion 360 but I have no clue how to make a pulley.

I donā€™t make the pulley portion of the prints either, you definitely could but why reinvent the wheel. So go to B&B manufacturing, look at the timing pulleys section and then just play around with the side bar and narrow down your search. Input some info and download your file.

Thanks for the info. finally finished redesigning the pulleys to work with 32T

1 Like

So what do people prefer to print these pulleys in ? Pteg or ABS ?

Pretty much everythingā€¦ currently Iā€™m running PLA printed ones just fine.

However I recommend to anneal/harden the PLA prints.

To do so, keep the pulley on the bed after printing and put some kind of insulated lid over it (for me its just a cardboard thing I made with some foam insulation and tin foil on the outside.) Increase the bed temperature evrery 5-10minutes or so by 5Ā°C up to 73-75Ā°C let it sit there for an hour and then decrease the temperature in the same slow and controlled way back to room temperature.

This hardens the PLA and also makes it more temperature resistent. Here is a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZX8eHC7fws

However I donā€™t recommend just putting it in the oven since that might lead to too much warping. If the print is still stuck to the built plate, that prevents most of the warpage.

My usual trip length is around 12km at speeds from 25-40km/h and the pulleys do get warm (Iā€™d say 50Ā°C) but so far show no signs of wear or any heat damage.

Also sucessfully tried HIPS filament (the cheap stuff from hobbyking)

Thanksā€¦ i did not know that ā€œheat trickā€

But would you say that pteg or abs is better in the lon run ? And do i need to heat them as well ?

Iā€™d go with PETGā€¦ its much easier to print than ABS and I think is harder, too. It will break where ABS would bend but its plenty strong enough for pulleys. The higher hardness means better wear resistence. Its good for up to 80Ā°C which would never be reached unless something is really wrong and introducing unnecessary friction with your pulley/belt setup.

Donā€™t know if you can anneal PETG or ABSā€¦ probably but you have to google that yourself.

The only thing better Then PETG/PLA/HIPS/PC is Nylon I guess but its tricky to print.

Thanks I buy some PETG then :slight_smile:

its really the best all-round filament there isā€¦ prints as easy as PLA and is as strong or stronger than ABS

1 Like

Not to mention that itā€™s also food safe so custom cookie cutters or DIY burger presses are also an option

5 Likes

do you know where I can download it as an STL file because Iā€™m using Cura and they only have SLDPRT files. I want to print a pulley cover and motor cover. Thanks man

it should be all on thingiverse. here are @JuniorPotato93 s pulleys. donā€™t know about covers, since these would have to be custom to the motor mount youā€™re using