ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

To clarify, it’s usually the bottom of the print, or bed side, that has the issue. I just got some hi temp glass, so I should know if the bed is the issue this weekend.

The piece fits perfectly and the hole for the 10-32 is snug. The only thing off in my print was the nut hole which led me to believe it was too large in the cad

They are slightly oversized in the cad becuase that was the size that would fit when printed when I did my samples. That being said, I did the samples not at 80+ infill and with 2 walls instead of 4 and probably at a quicker speed too.

@JuniorPotato93 hi, did you receive any comment say that belt unable to lying properly on the pulley? i have printed a 44t pulley. but my belt unable to lying properly on the tooth. seem like the teeth distance not match. I am using 5m belt.

Are you sure the print quality is good and it’s not warped? I know myself that files are rock solid.

@JLabs I not sure consider good or bad. everything look fine and no warped. i upload my file to 3d hub and pay them to print for me. What material recommanded and infill or micron?

You got any pictures of the part?

I personally use 50% infill, but some use 100%. I’d say 85% is a happy median. 200 microns will do you just well.

Edit: my bad @benwong I wasn’t aware of any issues with some of the file

I have had about 6-8 issues that I can vividly remember with any of the pulleys across all files shared with regards to the pulley portion of the prints not engaging the belt properly. All but 1(the first 33T pulley file I ever made and someone printed a test print) were printer quality issues.

That being said the 42T pulley is also one where I made the pulley from scratch but I’ve yet to receive feedback that it doesn’t fit properly.

For all other parts I use a manufacturers(B&B Manufacturing) 3D pulley file and I merge my retainer portion with theirs. I printed 4 pulleys when I still had daily access to printers and I did 34, 36, 44 and 40 as sections and tested those as a sample and found their files to be suitable for 3D printing.

Hope that helps.

@JLabs 200 micron or 20micron? i go back take some photo to show you.

@JuniorPotato93 thanks for your info. but i have no idea which part going wrong. PLA filaments can do well?

Edit: i saw @Idea doing some pulley very well. ABS will better?

200, 20 microns would be insanely detailed :laughing:

He is saying there is an error with the file, not the filament type.

Stay away from PLA tho, go with PETG, ABS, or some kind of reinforced nylon.

1 Like

The 44T file should print and fit. I believe I printed it once over a year ago if memory serves but I never printed the full pulley as I was doing the Flywheel series then. I printed half the pulley about 9mm high as it would have enough teeth to mesh with to show any issues in the pattern.

@JuniorPotato93 @JLabs this is my printed pulley and htd5m belt.

Well you definitely have an issue there. I’m not working on these files or any pulley files at the moment as I’m finishing off my last year of uni and I have several capstone projects that are already CAD intensive.

Once in done with exams at the end of April I’ll get the chance to work on these again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dude, Are you sure that’s your design? Don’t all of yours have a flange?

1 Like

I was actually considering that earlier though with some clever manipulation of gcode if you didn’t want any flanges, you could splice gcode together to eliminate both of them. Whether someone has gone through all that effort though I don’t know. @benwong can you do the link to where you downloaded that file as all my pulleys have 2 flanges, except the most recent series that is meant for CNCs which oy has one flange. In fact if you would dm me I can send you my email and send me the exact file you used would be even better.

Hey @caustin and @E-Boarding, did you guys use any of the 44T pulleys on any of your builds? Some’s had an issue with their belt not fitting the pulley but I dont recall this being an issue before. Just checking to see if you’d use one and it worked/did not work.

Thanks.

@JuniorPotato93 hi, i download from here. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1719951 i only have one pulley gear and flanges in the zip file.

I will send you the archived files I have on my drive once someone else can confirm that the file they printed works well and because if there is an issue with the file then I’ll have to rework all files once I have the time but for the time being at least mark the 44T pulley as a work in progress or something.

1 Like

I do use the 48T Pulleys and they work well and I use the MBS-Version of your files, even for Flywheels

2 Likes

then i might try 48t. see whether my belt can lying proper or not.