ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

Abec 11 90mm 75a are what I’m using now. Update: Just got a set of Abec11 83mm 75a. Gonna try them out

1 Like

I’m doing a couple of builds with these wheels now, and just finished one up. they do really well on the sidewalks. ITs less of a DA-DUNK DA-DUNK DA-DUNK and more of a bmmpa bmmpa bmmpa on the sidewalks. Far more tolerable than some other wheels. I think not only the 78a durometer helps but also the rounded profile and texture of the wheel. Kind of hard to compare them to flat patch wheels like ABECs.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like the MBS-wheels though a different feel, you have to try them I think @Namasaki as you might find them too hard or slick (in wet condition) depending on your preferences. They do ride differently.

@E-Boarding and @longhairedboy I am going to print a few of the MBS pulleys from @JuniorPotato93 for this weekend. What size did you find worked best for your builds, looks like you tried 40T, 50T, maybe 44T? What size motor pulley and gearing ratio did you end up with best? Guessing maybe I try middle of the road 44T/15T with 100mm MBS?

I’d like to try some 40’s

Believe it or not i was using a 14/36 with stock enertion motor and wheel insert pulleys on that hornet build and it was climbing grass hills. That was with dual SK3 149kv 6374 motors in a dual diagonal config. I’m about to try the same thing on dual R-SPEC 6355s in both dual rear and dual diagonal configs. We’ll see how they compare with what that hornet was doing. I have a feeling they’ll do just as well despite thier size and KV difference.

I keep saying this but it bears repeating. These wheels are amazing for shit terrain, but not the kind of stuff you would do with pneumies. They lose traction quickly in loose sand and they get buried in looser soil as well. But on packed dirt with some gravel and shitty cracked up over grown sidewalks they’re awesome. I didn’t get to try cobblestone/brick roads but i’m sure they’re great on that too. I’ll probably try these next two on brick roads and get it on instagram.

I’ve 50t on print, should arrive this week. But I need new Belts and VESCs too before testing them with big load.

I was using 13t:40t with Enertion Dual-SetUp but 40km/h is way to much for me (30 km/h is fine). I mostly use this board riding 10-20 km/h on sidewalks with 2 kids on a trailer and need that torgue, especially on short hills and dirt or grass in the local park.

@JuniorPotato93 I’ve a little issue, In the other thread you wrote “these are 6mm from the 46mm outer hub ring to wheel instead of 7.65mm that clones and ABEC flywheels are”

The height of my 97mm flywheels are 6mm (like the mbs-wheels). My Enertion Wheels (flywheel clones) have about 8mm (or 7.65mm)

left the orignal 40t thingniverse-pulley (pulleyinsert40t_15mm_111514) right your 48t pulley (48T-HTD5-15_PRINTABLE_PULLEY_LOCK_NUT_REVISION)

So I suggest printing the MBS-pulley for original flywheels, these pulleys may fit clones but not 97mm abecs (i don’t know if they are different to other flywheels)

it worked anyway and I was able to climb short hills I was not able before (about 17-20%)

That’s good information to know. I dont think we had measured a 97, I had measurements for the 83 and a clone. I guess technically the MBS ones will fit any wheel since both the depth and the cone are undersized.

First off, thank you so much for the work you put in here - that is really amazing work!

I am not sure if here is the right place to ask, but I was wondering about the durability of the self printed pulleys (also considering different filaments)? What`s your experiences and recommendations ?

I print mine with petg. Others have done theirs in abs. I haven’t seen any signs of wear on the petg thus far

1 Like

Have done PLA and ABS, both wokrking fine. Did 100mincron level and 80-100% overkill though. One day will try these with nylon added to see how that wears as well.

@JuniorPotato93 rules!

I print them in PLA 200microns, they may break some day but they are cheap.

@caustin Do you have original Flywheels, can you messure the height (see my post above)

How much lighter are these compared to aluminum?

PLA 50g, Aluminium 100g

Have they been proven to last a long time

Petg at 100% infill is 49g

I won’t be able to do that until weekend when I get back from travels. I have 97mm ABEC flywheels of that is what you want me to measure.

I just got some nylon filament, gotta try them out. Let me know if anyone needs any pulleys printed. I’d be more than happy to help you out!

I need to get a few pulleys printed for my build, will need to go to 3Dhubs otherwise but if you have ability to print a few nylon I would be happy to pay for that!

I measured the 97mm flywheels (non clones) and they had the same as the 83mm measurements. The only difference i usually see is the thick vs thin center hub spokes. My clones are thin spokes though.