A2ESK8 Mini Cruiser | 30" Carbon Fiber Deck | Single Carvon V2 Hub Motor | 12s1p LiFePO4 | VESC

Alright, thanks. What kind of range are you getting?

Haven’t done a range test yet but I’m a lightweight 130 lbs and ride mostly on flats in a dense city so range will be fine for my needs. I’m having tons of fun riding this in the city because it’s nearly silent on FOC mode and the ultralight 30" carbon fiber is very responsive to carving.

Awesome build. Perfect inner city/ cross-transport solution.

1 Like

As always, beautiful build. You seem to love the mini cruisers, I reckon I would to. At 13, I don’t need a 42" board. I am doing Hummie’s hubs with 2x Vescs and jet spud for next build.

1 Like

Sweet setup… I was riding the jetspud recently and was shocked at how small it is lol.

2 Likes

Hi @RunPlayBack, great build !

Did the nose guard come with the deck or did you attach it separately? Do you have any link to it if that is the case?

Thx

1 Like

Awesome looking build! Not to mention another great write up on your blog as well. I have to admit the benefits of lifepo4 are very enticing, I am surprised they’re not used more in the diy scene. How did you go about selecting the BMS for your pack? Wish I could see this in person!

1 Like

nice build, how much does it weight?

not too fond of the boosted 100Wh battery … this kind of limited range makes an eboard nearly useless for me. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Your builds are the only reason I’m considering a cruiser deck! How much riser do you have? I’m paranoid of wheel bite, but don’t want to be on a 4x4.

1 Like

Beautiful build :heart_eyes: are you selling your enclosures?

1 Like

I’m going to rebuild the Jet Spud at some point. It’s just such an interesting deck and that 10" concave is kind of amazing. It’s probably the only mini board I feel confident going over 25mph on.

The nose guard comes with the deck as well as the tail guard. It appears to be some kind of edge trim similar to this

I modded it slightly with a tail guard that I mounted on top as a footstop. It allows me to pop the board up a little easier because the kicktail is very mild.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skateboard-tail-guard-/221766292556?hash=item33a24d144c:g:wvQAAOSwv0tVS7mL

@CRABOLSKY I’m still testing LiFePO4 but it just seems to be more efficient at discharging, although its a bit more bulkier than 18650 cells. The BMS was a generic from Alibaba but I just got the Bestech one that @treenutter recommended which is a lot more robust. I plan to install it soon because it’s really well made.

http://www.bestechpower.com/384v12spcmbmspcbforlifepo4batterypack/products-2465.html

@whitepony weighs in at about 10lbs. I fluctuate between 125-130 lbs so range/power is hardly an issue for me especially on FOC/hub combo. The downtown in my city is pretty dense as well with pretty crappy streets so there aren’t a lot of places to hit full throttle.

4 Likes

@popopopop I’m a lightweight so wheelbite is not really an issue. I do have 1/4"’ shock pads on it though

https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/khiro-1-4-shock-pad-large-skateboard-risers

@JLabs sure I wasn’t planning on it but I can if you want one. Shoot me a PM and I can share the specs.

This is an awesome build!

Question: I’m in process of building my own board and I’m curious about the anti-spark/on-off switch setup. Am I right in saying that the anti-spark is a permanent connection on your system and then the on-off switch on the side of the enclosure does exactly that - completes the circuit? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Photo for reference from your build article.

2 Likes

I actually have a few 12S1P and 12S2P excited to try them out… I think I like the 1,000 life cycles and higher discharge currents better to charge at 4amp.

Yup that’s correct, my original VESC had the XT90 on it so I just matched the connection to the BMS.

1 Like

OK great, thanks! Is the on-off switch anything special… voltage rating etc.? :slight_smile:

I’m really happy with these cells so far, I’ll see how it holds up on long rides. @Kaly also has some good results from the LiFePO4.

1 Like

It’s just your standard 12v rocker switch that’s connect through the BMS http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-LED-Dot-Light-12V-Car-Auto-Boat-Round-Rocker-ON-OFF-TOGGLE-SPST-SWITCH-/261920202896