[WIKI] A beginner guide to DIY an ESK8

Hey brotha, this is great! I think if a noob reads through this they’ll get a great perspective of what’s involved in a build. What’ I’m finding lately is people asking of soldering is involved or any manipulation to the parts they purchase. I think if a perspective builder is shying away from soldering and some tinkering, to make sure their parts work in concert, then maybe DIY isn’t for them. That could be a disclaimer or preface you might want to add. When a noob sees the sum of these parts some individuals think its plug and play Either way, this write up is super valuable to the community. Awesome contribution!

1 Like

Thank you! This was a great place for me to start! Short, concise and informative!

3 Likes

very informative, i will come often and learn!

2 Likes

Im doing a college project and decided to make a Normal skateboard electric. I have no idea what I am doing so will someone please help me out?

So far im looking at buying Turnigy Heavy Duty 4000mAh 6S 60C Lipoly Battery Pack from Hobbycraft, Link Below:

Im also looking at the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-190KV Brushless Outrunner Motor, link below:

Please will anyone advise me if these are good, will they work? What ESC should I be using, pulley system drivetrain? I need all the help I can get.

Cheers

Did you read the guide? Where are you from? Motor is good, battery can be cheaper (20c is more than enough)

I have been reading http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/beginners-guide-to-building-your-own-electric-skateboard-drivetrain/53

I am based in the UK

2 Likes

You can send me a DM, I got some used parts you could use to save money :slight_smile:

How do I DM you? Never used that feature before? :slight_smile:

Click on the name, which will take you here and then click message

Could it be that you mean PM?

2 Likes

PM , DM it’s the same right? Personal Message, Direct Message :wink:

2 Likes

I made this a wiki, it means anyone can edit the OP… let’s see how this idea goes, if people mistreat it ill remove wiki mode.

8 Likes

This is a great guide! Though can anyone direct me to other guides that talk about ADC control or anywhere where I can get information on how to add a potentiometer to my VESC. I know how to plug it in the controller, I don’t know how to program it. Any help or guidelines would be great! Thanks!!

1 Like

If you can find a more info, you can place the link in the wiki :wink:

Will definitely do so! Once I find the information. I have been racking the forums for anything similar to that and I know I might not be the only one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For specific things you might be the first :wink:

Seems like it! Would you know where I can learn more about how to program with ADC control or something like that of the sort? Anything would help!

1 Like

Start a topic about it :wink:

Sorry being insistent…but how do you start a forum topic? Thanks!!

1 Like