6s2p battery capcity question LGHG2

I’ve got a surface pro 3 as well, love it.

I’m an Apple addict myself.

2 Likes

In my line of work most of the programs are windows based. Apple products are great it just i cant use them for what I do.

Picked mine up used a year ago on ebay for $250 due to a little crack in the corner of the screen. Best money i ever spent on a computer.

My condolences :grinning:

My first apple product was an iphone 2.

Actually, mine too. It was also the last Apple device I liked. From a manufacturing standpoint most Apple products are sub par. From a software stand point, I’m just not a fan of closed source code. I used to have a power Mac for Photoshop that I loved, but I absolutely cannot stand apples notebooks.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t use apple stuff, I’m just not a fan.

Why did you do 2 6S2P rather than 1 12S2P?

Was it only for the charging?

Well yes for charging and weight distribution on both sides of the board. but the 2 6s2p are wired in series when mounted on the board and they produce the power of a 12s 2p.

Do you understand?

Yes, I understand. My question was more in terms of if there a compelling reason to go one way vs the other. The weight distribution will be the same if it’s two rows, sounds like it was done more for the charger.

Well safety. I rather handle two packs at 25v that I can connect independently than one 50v pack that can kill.

1 Like

Here are the 2 finished packs. Im not sure if there is a market for them but if anyone wants these built i have the resources to get it done and we can work out a price.

One thing i did different is i encased all the cells into a aluminum c channel once the circuit was spot welded and completed then i heat shrinked the whole thing. The aluminum protects the cells and helps with any heat dissipation. Rode 7 miles last night went from 4.15v to 3.85v.

Enjoy

1 Like

Looks like a clean setup

1 Like

Thanks I’m really happy and I appreciate everyone’s expertise!

Here is a shot of the welds …Turned out really good with only 4-6 ohms per cell of internal resistance on the pack.

That’s low resistance for Li-ion

1 Like

those spots do not look good - and are you sure it is Ohm and not mOhm? Did your cells get hot? the second one on the left looks like it’s plastic shield was seared.

1 Like

I didn’t notice that, your right it should be milliohms.

Yeah sorry it’s m ohms I’ll get a pic. The welds are super solid. The cells didn’t get hot but the negative side shield did pull away on some.