6S BMS wiring diagram help!

I don’t understand this :sweat: i want to use it like my diagram. the batteries will power the ESC on and i want to charge the batteries through the BMS. Now, i do not understand how many amps i need on that BMS

A bms charges and also discharges a battery. If you want to discharge through the bms you need at least 50amps but if you only want to use it for charging you only need as many amps as you plan on charging it so for you about 5amps. Anything higher is fine as long as you only use a 5amp charger or less

Have a read of this

I understand but what is the advantage when i discharge it through the BMS?

If i understand it right, on my latest diagram i posted here with the 10S BMS, i bypassed the discharging, right? So the wiring is right for just charging

EDIT: I edited the latest one, leaving P- alone is right for bypassing discharging? Like that:

1 Like

Yes that is correct for bypassing. If you are to discharge through the bms it will just stop the batteries from being over discharged

1 Like

Okay and that is not critical to discharge without a BMS in this case?

And for wiring the charger: do i use the thick cables like the batterie’s positives and negatives or like the thin balance cables?

What wires are you talking about exactly?

The wires, which come from the charging plug

If you mean from the charging plug to the bms then you would be best with about 16-18awg wires the large battery cables are over kill but the balance cables are a little small for my likings. In the middle would be fine

The battery cables have 12 AWG and the balance 22, right?

Yeah. If you have any spare 12awg use that or buy some 16ish awg cable for cheap. Make sure to get silicone cable though

1 Like

Anyone can help me please ? I have an issue with a 6s BMS…

What’s the issue?

I have made this diagram

And it doesn’t charge… What’s wrong ? My BMS specified a 24v power supply it is normal ?

Thanks for your response

P- is for the Vesc to connect to. Is there a C- on the bms?

No there is not… I need to bypass discharge because the bms support only 10A

Hmm I’m not sure. The diagram looks right if the C- and P- are combined. What charger are you using?

Look at my diagram in this topic! That is right! For bypassing, you have to leave P- alone.

Next time, please just reading the whole topic :wink:

I’m using a 24v power supply bought on ebay, with an hoverboard charging port!

You need a 25.2v cc/cv power supply to charge with a bms

Okay but if there is not C- on my bms and only P- and B-, what do i do ?