63mm hub motors preorder

do you happen to have any sets left?

2 sets left and that will be it for know.

still got 2 more for sale? @jacobbloy

Also i weigh 200 lbs, still gonna perform? bearing arent just regular motor bearing right?

Excellant! I would also like a set. Just curious. What top speed can I expect running 10s? I calculated 25 mph but Im not sure it is correct

Just click the PayPal link, I’m going to work out shipping for every once in ready to ship. 200lb will be fine, I’m 97kg there bigger a lot stronger bearings. Yes 25mph is correct.

Just paid :sunglasses:

Can’t wait!

Another video coming if the urathan factory will let me film.

3 Likes

How’s shipping going @jacobbloy? Will we receive a confirmation email once you’ve sent them? Also are there several colors we can choose from?

Did you get my update email? The color is hard, as material cost is high for the urethane, it costs about $15 per wheel to make and I have to mix up at least 10 wheels in each color and Iv got to make 30 wheels the die costs about $80 per color. But I will soon after every thing is shipped I’ll have more time and money to make some more and offer them at cost.

The pigment is a little dark as I’m trying to match the orangatang kegel, next sample batch I’m going to lighten it just a little.

Awesome! Also I just noticed I got the email. I was thinking black but any color works for me. Great work @jacobbloy. The overall quality is very impressive. I can’t wait to test them out!

So after a lot of time testing different urathan formula and adjusting the mould to are displacement.

The wheels are finished,

Also getting the motor winding right is the most important part and because I’m using a better quality stator we had to do a few different tests, but we have exactly 80kv. All parts are finished just to be sent to me and assembled. See below a photo of the nice black caps and chromed motor can it really looks great.

7 Likes

Motors

3 Likes

Awesome. The wheels look sweet!

2 Likes

What size bearings are u using? Are they press or slide fit? Do they have a “c” rating for thermal expansion or has that not been a problem?

How long is the stator?

55mm long. Based on a modified 6355 BLDC motor but redesigned for low kv. The improved magnet quality, precision milling, and winding separates this from other parts.

I’m looking forward to benchmarking this. I doubt a dual (combined 30amp) is powerful enough for mountain boarding, but I might be pleasantly surprised. These motors should support up to 10s and (in theory) 40amps current. These have only ever been tested up to 12s with 30Amp combined.

Can’t be a 55mm stator the whole wheel is 56mm

What is the magnet quality?

What does benchmarking mean? Riding I guess.

Like I said, this is based off the 6355. It has a diameter of 63mm and a stator length if 55mm. Additionally the thane sets a final diameter just over 80mm.

N48 (non SH in this group) so around 1.5 Teslas ideally.

Benchmarking as in taking measurements for comparison. I’m an engineering student and I’m currently working a a solid stator (made of compressed ferrous material). Ideally it’ll be more effective than electrical steel.

Should have waited until the morning to respond - Thanks Jacobbloy.

O ok I thought these fit in a kegel wheel. The kegel is 56mm wide.

Making a stator. Cool. I was into the idea of making a powder core once. From what I read you can get a better result as you aren’t limited by the shaping of laminations and can therefore use the endturns

My university has developed methods for powder iron compress statar’s and have a patent on them, but they arnt aloud to work with me on them as they have contracts and non disclosure agreements with clients.

Got it a Google (Adelaide university) it’s interesting.

The stator is 5130 so 51mm diameter and 30mm long the same as is in the rspec motor.

My total motor measurements are 56mm wide from cap to cap, the diameter is actually about 68mm because of my thicker magnets and the wheel groves. My wheels are 56mm wide 83-85mm diameter (because of urethane shrinkage)

At the moment there is a lot of work going on with hub motor and it’s great. There is myself Carvon Hummina NVG And companies like mellow and inboard but I like the community supported motors better like carvon and hummina and NVG because it incurages improvements.