Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

what turks do i need

@diyeboard

18 Likes

you need AT trucks with longer axle length than regular long board trucks, so All Terrian truck with 8mm axle diameter.

Our 9’’ AT truck fit 6’’ wheels with axle length of 38mm, 8mm axle diameter, truck length 310mm.

I finally got to test the new solid core airless 6in wheels from @diyeboard on @psychotiller 6 shooter hubs. It’s a great ride, the rolling resistance is definitely higher than tires but that was expected.

You can really tell from the video but I did some pretty hard carves and the wheels never rolled or cambered.

I’m very happy with them. Next up is to out them in some mega wide surfrodz and a spud 29 and get in some dirt :grinning:.

8 Likes

Right on! I get mine on monday.

1 Like

Fack! More stuff to buy now. Guess I deserve that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thanks for the review though. Tires look sweet.

4 Likes

What do you mean by higher rolling resistance than tires? Higher than pneumatic tires or urethane wheels?

It’s definitely higher than urethane, but it is slightly higher than pneumatic tires.

Despite the rolling resistance, I really really like them. They grab as good as flywheels but they are smooth like pneumatics

1 Like

Thank you Mike for your reviews here, we much appreciate it. And we are expecting more reviews from other people who tried this wheels.Thanks to you all forum diyeboard builders.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused now. Recently I went through @whitepony build topic where he said that tires have much more grip than urethane wheels and he don’t like that. Also there’s a general statement that tires have much more rolling resistance than urethane. @mmaner notice that they have higher rolling resistance than tires so what’s the benefit? Similar tire set is cheaper. My hope was that they will roll better than tires :frowning:

@diyeboard I have a question regarding shipping costs. I like to buy stuff on Banggood because they have free shipping. You have some ok cheap stuff for my needs but shipping cost kills the deal for me. Do you plan to have some other options? Can’t wait to see other opinion on those tires. Thanks guys!

Durability should be a lot better compared to pneumatics - that is the benefit. Also no risk of punctures.

2 Likes

on our site order amount over 400usd is free shipping.

That’s a cost of a whole board… For now I just need your ESC for 48$.

@diyeboard does this dual ESC support a dual diagonal motor configuration(the motors will be spinning in opposite direction) ? http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-bldc-motor-sine-wave-foc-esc-speed-controller-for-diyeboard-p-522.html

Quickly drew up what I meant (part on the left side). The adjustments would be minor at very little extra cost. Your motor protection can needs to be a bit bigger and also needs the same cutouts to support multiple motors. The SK3’s mounting screws have a distance of 31.11mm (measured in a square to the center of the screw) and the c-clip needs room to rotate, hence the larger hole in the middle as opposed to the Maytech motor where the c-clip is receded.

These adjustments would have obvious advantages. -use maytech or SK3 motors or anything in between motor mounting wise. -option to properly tension the belt

My own conversion is a bit more elaborate/mainly because I am stuck with 3D printed parts. It allows tensioning the belt through the motor mounting screws and allows a variety of different pulleys (different width) to align with the wheel hub pulley. At the end I will most likely implement a pulley with a width greater than 15mm.

1 Like

It doesent matter if it’s dual diagonal.

It’s the same setup, turning the same direction, it’s just up front.

1 Like

for esc only cost 25usd for shipping by dhl, 3-5days arrive time. our shipping rate is based on dhl international shipping rates, our shipping rates automatically calculates while you checking out per different order amount. exxmple, 199usd, shipping rates is 40usd.