37mph fall anyone?

Next build I’ll try it out

I think what @PredatorBoards is trying to say is that they have no proper control over speed wobbles, so they tighten the bushings as much as possible.

I think that is one thing everyone needs to learn is to have solid ankles and good balance to mitigate speed wobbles. In my experience I have hit 50km/h multiple times on stock bushings with medium tightness and not a wobble in sight. I think this comes down to riding skateboards for 5-6 before esk8.

those are some hard ass bushings

i ride 92a cone/barrel.

I mostly agree but I wired the phase wires wrong on a board and ended up riding backwards, motors up front. Wobs! Even after tightening both trucks. And weight forward, confident and relaxed. Back truck just shimmying back and forth as I picked up speed.

Fixed wiring and readjusted kingpin screws and next day stable as f.

1 Like

I use Bones 96a, with my usual backpack of stuff I’m maybe like 220-230lbs

1 Like

that’s probably about equal to my setup, i’m 145lbs

With my entire gear and school stuff I weigh just around 195lb, sometimes 200

I’m with you, same duro bushings. About same weight. I’ve have it dialed in so I can carve and hit top speed with no wobbles.

I don’t think speculating will be the course to go. Exploding batteries could be by other causes. Otherwise we will start on blaming Carvon about batteries like today public and press blames Tesla on autopilot related accidents. This is the new frontier and we are the new explorers. Exploring new frontiers comes with a lot of risk. Like Ernest Shackleton antarctic expedition hiring ad read:

http://thebigtimegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/about_bg.jpg

1 Like

Exploding batteries? I didnt say anything about that…

1 Like

@willpark16 Carvon’s on 12s as I’ve seen 3 serious accidents on these in the past 6 months. Not at all blaming Carvon!!! Just curious to see if it’s been looked at.

Well, perhaps I misinterpreted what you said. But my point is more about being more flexible about what we are achievieng here with new technology. I think this is a new ground and we all should spect certainly level of risk in all what we do in Esk8. Cheers man. :wink:

1 Like

Another problem I experienced with them would be that they are conductive, and I had phase wires short by touching the carbon fiber and not being properly insulated.

1 Like

@E1Allen hi I am trying to make a electrical skateboard for so long but keep on hitting walls,hopefully I can finish it this weekend,I am using maytech VES dual and 170kv motor I would like to know how to set the LVC can you are anyone help.

I’ve set my battery cutoff end at 3v per cell. That’s plenty conservative for liion. Lipo need higher cutoff. So it’s up to you. It won’t shut the board down, it will just slowly get slower.

Why is your battery max 60v… It really should be 57…

Good question. It’s that going to limit the volts while braking to the battery? I didn’t get much input or reading on voltage Max

No… I’m on 13s and never hit the 57v cuttoff while braking. Nor does pshaw. The 57v is to turn off the fets if you hit it to not kill components ie the DRV from transients.(60v max, 5sec/63v burn)

1 Like

Makes sense. I shall change cutoff values.

1 Like

@deckoz I am using 10S and VESC TOOl cause BLCD tool don’t work for my vesc is it the same can I see a pic of your setup please

57v is default and should be left as is for max.