37mph fall anyone?

Carvons are not the problem I would be the first one to tell u because I have bin using them daily and there no issues i have put some together and the only problem. I could see is if there could ever be one could be over heat if u ride aggressive(40mph) for a very long time at 12s or bomb to many hills going up hense they have sensors. There’s nothing I can see that would cause them to stop or fry , you could iether destroy a magnet or destroy the inside bearing that’s about it.

Figures, mine weren’t fried either because they ride fine righ after

Reason people stay away from 12s is because it could pass or it passes the erpm limit, but carvon to low of a kV to even pass the ermp limit.

I stay away from 12S because the components in a VESC are not rated high enough to be using those kinds of voltages. And I value my safety.

1 Like

Isn’t VESC 6 rated up to 60V?

yeah, seems like no problem to me.

This is the exact problem in fact. That’s not high enough to be running it over 50V before the back EMF. There is no safety margin at all.

1 Like

my understanding is Back EMF voltage subtracts from (opposes) the effective voltage of the controller and pack.

((Pack Voltage * Duty Cycle %) - BEMF Voltage) / Winding Resistance = Motor Current

((50V Pack Voltage * 50% Duty Cycle %) - 24V BEMF Voltage [100kv @ 2400rpm]) / 0.05ohm Winding Resistance = 20a Motor Current

((25V “Effective” Voltage) - 24V BEMF Voltage) / 0.05ohm Winding Resistance = 20a Motor Current

(1V “Drive” Voltage) / 0.05ohm Winding Resistance = 20a Motor Current

25V “Effective” Voltage * 20a Motor Current = 500w Electrical Watts & Battery Watts

1 Like

On the pulse rise it does, but on the pulse fall it adds to it

Source: http://vedder.se Posted on January 7, 2015 “…Voltage: 8V – 60V (Safe for 3S to 12S LiPo)…”

1 Like

I’m all about reliability and everything related to that, which includes staying at 10S, making everything water resistant AND waterproof, and shunning hub motors.

When someone designs a non-esk8 pcb that they want to run at 50V they will design it with components rated at 75V to 100V. So I don’t get it … people think that just because it’s inconvenient that it’s okay to bend the rules here when the thing you’re doing is actually decreasing your own safety. And no, I’m still not okay with that.

I mean I understand that science is going out of fashion and that it’s going to be turned off soon, but it’s not off yet…

I’m fully aware of that. You understand that DRV8302 failures are extremely common? And that they cause a failure of brakes?

So your response is effectively “it’s okay if brakes fail”

Well whether you can skate or not, I disagree with you.

I definitely support the idea that everyone needs to learn how to do basic skating before they esk8. It’s honestly really scary seeing newcomers go 22mph on their second day of riding. Whenever I get on their boards, their bushings are so tight that I can barely turn.

Your entire argument rests on the notion that “making one thing safer means the other thing can be less safe”

You’re wrong.

All of it needs to be as safe as possilbe.

And for the record, I drove cars for a long time. As-if that matters.

Derailing my thread :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Have u gone to doc for your foot yet😞

Am going sometime this week

I think tight bushings are good if you plan to ride at 22mph otherwise they may get speed wobble. Or is that incorrect? LOL

1 Like

97a riptide double barrel with bones 96a hardcore bushings and a 97a riptide cone no speed wobles at high speeds weigh 175LB turns okay but I don’t mind the turn raduis I actually love it

1 Like