37mph fall anyone?

If your ESC are setup to go to zero throttle then it would look like you just let go of the throttle while riding

Hey guys quick update so I finally had time to open my board up and I strictly remember seeing it at 95℅ the day I rode it and now its at 12%, any leads on that ? My voltage is at 39v that is why all my vesc cut out at all at the same time 39v was my cut off with 38 but question being is why did my battery go from 95% to 12% in the span of 2 miles ?

After further Inspection I suspect, that this is the culptrid and managed to find small cables loose as well , not sure I’f you guys could see it but the metal is actually exposed

@barajabali I think the board is shorting and draining itself what happens if I ship it to u and it drains itself to low ? No cables were besides it and were on top also they had some non static foam jerry gave me to cover or pertect the sides , all in all I think it was my fault from my 35mph full reverse accident sending the board 5 feet into the air

3 Likes

After more further inspection

Holy hell do not ship that. Last thing we need is a flaming UPS truck. Maybe you can have @psychotiller in Lake Forest take a look and isolate the issue before shipping?

Where is @willpark16 these days anyway? Did his injury stop him form persuing the hobby?

Lol. Yeah not sure I got some shrink wrap coming in I could probably wrap it and ship it ?

The wrap is not going to prevent metal to metal contact.

I mean I rode it like that unaware for like a week so, am sure it won’t catch fire , they exsplains a lot why I felt my board was wonky and weird and brakes were not there there like soft brakes I just thought foc soft break things

That was basically what my Saturday ride was. Jittery here and there. I thought FOC and FocBox was the issue again

Idk. Wouldn’t Jerry be able to help with this?

Well there is your problem, not something I like to see but it looks like that fall from 5 feet really fucked up the pack.

If you can get in there and rip the nickel strip out carefully, and then ship it to me. that would be ideal

1 Like

So the lesson here is…

If your enosure falls off… Don’t put it back on without completely inspecting the battery…

4 Likes

Yes sir I didn’t bother to check the sides because the foam was still there on the sides but funny enough what took all or most of the impact was the motor can and its scratched but no broken magnet lol the motor can survived a direct impact while it was in the air and landed on the motor can like a plane taking a dive.

True…but if rattles can rip spot welds… No doubt dropped enclosure can. Be careful…that pack could be more volatile then you think…

1 Like

Conclusion time Battery spot welds broke but still touching a little after my 35mph reverse incident making board fly 5 feet into the air not knowing battery was damaged. One week after that I rode it and realized board was a bit wonky with loose brakes thought nothing of it. Rode official like a full on ride to school board was at 95% trying to pull so much Amp with broken welds caused the board to sag to 12%,(39v) and making all 4 vesc shut off or stop

Now that you know, how’s the body damage doing.

1 Like

Body wise chicks don’t dig it bro, I think they will soon dig it when my gear arrives soon. Lol… Anyways my shoulders feel fine now but my left ankle is still pretty bad . Got scuffed up from rolling but there just bruises scratches from rolling. Overal left ankle probably going to have to go to the doctor to check it out

4 Likes

I notice my board being a bit weird the second I throttled at the beginning of the ride. It took 11 miles before the wire fully broke off

1 Like

I don’t think it did.

So, I think your battery was full going up the hill. However I don’t think your board “sagged” to 12% causing your VESC to quit. I think the broken welds under a huge load of amps shorted making it literally go from full amps to cutoff or 0v but since you were going uphill fast any large decrease wether making your VESC hit LVC or momentarily zero volts caused you to come off the board.

With your damaged “full” battery in the case there probably was something causing the voltage to drain down to what you see now which is 12%

Just some thoughts because your full battery should have made it up the hill no problem and not go to 12%

Also I’d start separating those batteries sooner than later, maybe some survived.

Also also really glad you’re okay. That’s a real fast speed to come off a board.

1 Like

Present and accounted for! Been off the forums for a while now I come back and check every day or so just to look around. Haven’t completely healed from my injury mentally but physically I am all good now. I’ve been spending my time reaclimating myself to everything I used to do Esk8 wise. Haven’t had the courage to hop back on a board yet. If anyone needs me just send me a pm though and I’ll get back to you when I can, won’t be building or selling anything for a little bit longer though😢 thank you though to everyone who offered their support and get well wishes and especially my customers some of whom waited 6 months for me to finally get them their product!!!(can’t thank you enough)

6 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is a couple injury’s becoming more abundant or perhaps they’ve been happening and people are just now reporting them. Outside of warning everyone to wear their helmets I was wondering if anyone has looked at the new Carvon’s on 12s as I’ve seen 3 serious accidents on these in the past 6 months. Not at all blaming Carvon!!! Just curious to see if it’s been looked at. I can’t say mine was Esk8 related because I lost my entire memory of the accident and only know I had my board with me at the time and don’t know if I was riding or walking during my accident so for the time being it is assumed I was hit by a car. I would say that while Vests have worked fine for some at 12s perhaps 10s really is the safe zone for these boards using vesc or perhaps the remotes are having dropouts? Again though, this is just speculation and guessing but what is certain is to ride safe guys and wear proper gear!!! -end rant😂

3 Likes