2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Can we get an update on this?

1 Like

He hasn’t been on the forum since Jan 8. Not sure it’s happening unless it’s moved back.

Might be time to make other plans with due respect.

Yea I think you’re right. I think maybe moving this event for later this summer would be a good idea.

Really wanted to go to this. Even got the wife’s permission lol

4 Likes

We could always just show up at his crib with some burgers and hot dogs. I’ll bring a case of natty ice

2 Likes

I’ll bring some Chicago style dogs. It’ll taste the same a week later anyway

3 Likes

Lost contact with Mike. Hope all is well with him and his… Think this is a good topic to retable and make happen.

Lets get some proposed dates for the mid - end of summer? Ive waited over a year for this event so I’m determined to make it happen.

We need enough time to accumulate vendors, and allow time for people to purchase tickets ahead of time

2 Likes

Are there any people that have experience with existing bike or skateboard conventions ? Any contacts for event planners? these things are tricky animals, it’s best to find someone with experience dealing with the unforeseen.

A while back I proposed to move this to my hometown, given that we have all needed amenities and plenty of space, as well as a perfect convention center. Got word from Mike that he is still working on it and not to move on just yet. I’d ask that we respect his wishes until we hear otherwise.

2 Likes

I’ll go if Casey Niestat goes I wanna get his autograph

1 Like

You got word recently from Mike? That’s good news

2 Likes

Please tell me you’re joking. Casey would probably not go to this, he’d probably view it as beneath him. And we don’t really want him there either. The only thing he’s done that’s good for the community is raise awareness about e-sk8, but the fact that he bashes on any board that’s not a boosted board, and refuses to wear a helmet when he rides, ends up hurting the community more than he helps it

1 Like

how’s he doin?

1 Like

when and if this ever happens, will someone setup a booth that teaches you how to make batteries? :smiley:

1 Like

@GrecoMan @barajabali

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/2018-esk8con-pleasanton-california-usa-thread-2/45227/5

Take a look at the last reply

1 Like

@anorak234 I still haven’t got any news from @Michaelinvegas, so I suggest that you go up front with your event.

Alrighty! I’ll get on it

Anyone wishing to continue this discussion, please see the new thread:

This is the replacement:

It’s time to take a look

3 Likes