1st Eskate build , Drop through, 6364 Outboard

We have some 36t 12mm aluminum pulleys for kegels. Have them paired up with 12mm wide 16t steel motor pulleys. Also have 12mm 255 belts. Not sure on price yet…What do you think is fair? (we dont have hardware)

Honestly- I haven’t a clue what manufacturing costs are for an aluminum pulley but if you’re going to sell them I’d only hope they were threaded (no nuts required) for clearance reasons. I really like my 3D printed ones but the tolerances are so slim with kegels. Keep me posted. I’m starting to think about build #2!

Yup! Threaded.
We just got a bunch of them in

Can we see pics?

4 Likes

I bought the same motor for my first board. Now I got some comments that 245kv is to high for a 10S setup because of the 60000eRPM limit? Did you set a limit in the software and how do you notice it?

You can set a limit,… but i never did and did not have a problem. You can probably only go over limit if you try full throttle with No load . Battery will drop below 42-41V under load anyhow.

Hey Randy, thanks for sharing your great work with us. I’m curious about your enclosure. Can you tell me the size and the thickness of the abs plate you used? Did the frame with the abs plate fit into a conventional oven or how did you heat it up? Best regards

Thank you .

I actually just lined a Cardboard box with Aluminum Foil !!! , that was my oven.

I had a heat lamp, that was sticking through a bottom hole in the box.

My frame & 2mm ABS was 12"x 24" . It just sit on top of box.and i just layed another sheet of foil on top to retain some heat.

4 Likes

Hey, great idea with the oven. What heat lamp/bulb do you have? I’m not sure what bulb would be good enough to heat the ABS. Thanks.

It was a heat lamp made for heating an outside Gazebo, got it at home depot 1500W

Ok thanks.

How did the vacuum forming work out? Successful? Enough heat?

Worked out great !!

4 Likes

Wow looks fantastic. I am going to have to get myself a heat lamp… Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to heat they ABS (until formable)?

Also, do you have a link to the lamp at hormdepot? I’m going to go pick one up but can’t seem to find it on their website. Thanks!

This is not a lamp but can probably be cheaper solution.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/IMUSA-6-in-Electric-Double-Burner-GAU-80306/205460215

I bought the lamps years before, so i don’t have a link but like JonnyMeduse shows , you can use any element.

Took around 5 min to get hot enough,… you will see it will Sag 4-5 inches when ready.

Really think that would produce enough heat? I’m not questioning you just want to get what will work…

I use a setup with one burner to reflow pcb when the ground plane is to big and take away all the heat.

You can get easely around 200deg cellcius… witch is more than enough to melt plastic…