18650 group buy

Is there a link to that?

22.2V 8800mAh li-battery for electric skateboard longboard

It looks like the bms is built in. If the cells are any good then itā€™s a good deal lol

Ok, Iā€™m in, info sent.

Alā€¦

Did we make it? 200?

Prob a crappy bms ā€¦ Over stated mah ā€¦ There is no real description

Hate that shitā€¦

PMā€™d Iā€™m in for 50 of those little beasties!! Letā€™s do this up!! :electric_plug:

Yeah donā€™t know what thatā€™s all aboutā€¦bet if they used better batteries it wouldnt be a huge diff in price but a huge diff in use and maybe quality

it has to beā€¦ you get what you pay for for batteries especially, if its cheap, usually its trash

I guess thereā€™s a market for crap batteries or no one is policing any ratings and stopping the saleā€¦youā€™d think theyā€™d be easy to catch

Iā€™d rather pay double for something that serves me well than half price for something lame. When it comes to batteries, there is a real safety concern as well. I mean, I like to save a buck like the next guy, but I donā€™t want to burn my house down or catch on fire while Iā€™m bombing a hill. Then I have to repair or replace all of the parts I completely fuxked up in the process. Or buy a new house. And the cryingā€¦So muchā€¦cryingā€¦LOL You canā€™t afford not to go for the good stuff! Give me quality, then give me savings.

2 Likes

yeah ! that guy is making monies .

HELL YES. :smiley: Now i need to start shopping for the other crap i need to build a pack.

1 Like

I decided to hold off on buying any for now.

I am going to send them the email with all of our info tomorrow morningā€¦ last night to get into the buyā€¦ we reached 200! Cells!

1 Like

@JLabs @longhairedboy RECIPROCATING THE ENTHUSIASM!!!

Does anyone have a sense of the shipping\processing speed from this group? Will it be weeks, months? before cells arrive at my door.

One thing I know for sure is that I will start ordering parts very soon, because nothing sucks worse than having almost everything but have to wait another month for some obscure part! True story.

I suffer from this greatly. I want to buy nickel strips and shrink tubing now, but i think i want the cells in my hand before i get any of that, which means i may as well get the charger and BMS and balance pigtails and 20awg silicone wire at that point.

Shrink tubing is the big thing for me. Thereā€™s tons of larger tubing on ebay that will do the job, but i canā€™t make sense of the sizes they post, so i want to have my cells in hand so i can measure things.

This time around iā€™m soldering my strips on, but i think iā€™m going to try getting a semi decent spot welder soon.

I guess i could start buying things i need now.

I DONā€™T KNOW. BLARGH.

1 Like

I did a fair amount of research on spot welding packs vs soldering and i found that if you have the option to solder, then solder because it makes a much better electrical connection. The only reason people use spot welding is in creating mass volumes of batteries!

I got time so Iā€™ll solder

1 Like

That and the claims that heat from the soldering iron lessens the cell capacity.

1 Like