18650 group buy

where’d you find a bms for 37 bucks?

@barajabali $38 at batterysupports.com for a 60A 10S BMS.

@treenutter luckily i have all the tape and wire i need, but still need to pick up some nickel strips and heatshrink. The charging port for that charger actually comes with the charger, you just wire it into the box however you like.

but yeah i’m still coming out at around $300 bucks, but that’s not bad at all for a 10Ah 10S pack with charger.

1 Like

Yep, $300 sounds pretty solid-

Put me down for 44 cells aswell and let me know when you want the info.

@barajabali that’s a great point, but I’d have to buy a 10S charger.

@longhairedboy thanks for pointing that out, You spared me from ordering yet another extra part that would sit around staring at me saying “remember that time you ordered me for no reason?”

I have a few of those things as well; they site on a shelf in my shop… mocking me.

1 Like

18650 Info Needed

All of the people I am going to tag below I still need info from, preferably today (3/30/16) @cmatson @treenutter @BigAl @delta_19 @Ulfberht @Karmannghiagirl

You need to PM the following info

1. Name
  2. Address
  3. Email
  4. Cell Count / How many you are purchasing

I have all ready received info from @barajabali @longhairedboy

If you could PM all of the info in one message that would be great.

If anyone still wants to get in the group buy PM me your info, it will be closed after today (3/30/16)

If all goes well (I’m sure it will) I will try to organize another group buy in 2 - 4 months… If anyone would like to get one started before them PM me and I will create a separate thread titled ‘18650 Group Buy 2’

If you are a first time pack builder make sure to stay current with my 18650 build post link below

Good Luck with Your Builds! :smile:

2 Likes

I have looked at so many videos you guys…

But still will wait to see your builds…not that I’m not convinced that you are gonna have some killer packs…

Just wondering what battery configuration will you be using to maximize cell count in the most compact package, with the lowest profile… Having not actually held a 18650 in my hand (or have seen any newer electric skateboards)…will the power pack footprint be much less? (Is it that much more of a difference?)…I’m just talking abt real estate…Also, will this cause you to redo your enclosures? Or just give you more room to pack more cells in the old enclosures?

Being the battery noob here

1 Like

if you have a space cell, tear it open and have a look. It will tell you literally everything you need to know to build your own. While i don’t completely understand why balance charging works in the way that it does, these packs are surprisingly simple to construct based on what i’ve seen.

18650s are, as the name implies, 18mm in diameter by 65mm in length. By comparison, a AA is ~14mm in diameter and ~50 mm in length. So they’re noticably larger than a AA and even slightly larger than an A but not anywhere near the size of a C.

@JLabs info sent! Thanks!

I want to build a 10s3p pack; does anyone know what the “dud rate” is for cells like this? Should I order a few extra in case one or more are faulty? I’m just not sure how likely it is…

1 Like

I went with the same thing LHB did and got 4 extra

1 Like

Usually the rate is zero… But figuring the circumstances the next reorder may be a while so it’s good to get maybe one for every ten you order. The only thing that might happen is shorting a cell out

1 Like

I just looked on their website and you get a free 18650 case with the purchase of two or more batteries / cells

WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 235 CELLS! CONGRATS! I will keep this number up to date with edits

I hope this shows you the power of the esk8 community… Maybe we can do this for the VESC when @onloop gets his manufactured and has bulk pricing!

@barajabali @longhairedboy @cmatson @treenutter @BigAl @Ulfberht

1 Like

What’s an 18650 case ? Do we all get one?

I would assume so… here is the link it says right below the chart

I think this is what we get

Seems right…havin a pro build mine over here in Europe.10s5p, 14.5 Ahr, 35A continuous BMS, and Charger - round 350 euros

liionwholesale is to rich for my blood, $478 for my 100 cells. i’ll just go to my supplier on alibaba for 100 cheaper.

Lol I ain’t gonna tear up a perfectly good space cell…that’s what we have you for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Lol…

I’ll spy on your guys builds and check your thoughts and ideas on getting them on the board…and the different enclosures that you guys may use.

I’ve seen this shape…

Good shapeI think …

I’ll just have to admire from afar for now

2 Likes

Good call @cmatson I ordered 3 extra, not expecting a manufacturing error, but I might make a mistake somewhere along the way :slight_smile:

Is there a link to that?

22.2V 8800mAh li-battery for electric skateboard longboard