180mm or 218mm trucks?

I weigh 220lbs. 6’1. 10sp3 battery, 83mm but had 97 before and wasn’t too much different. I like 83 way better. Range: 20-25km (never maxed out range). Speed ~35km/h which is pretty fast. If you do crazy downhill shit then maybe not fast for you. 15t 36t 265mm setup. I went up a pretty decent size hill the other day no problem. I have it built on a wolfshark.

I thought the same getting dual 6374s but I actually couldn’t imagine going that fast. If you really want duals I would go for 2 50mm size motors.

Great, now we have some details to help steer you.

At 155 and 10-20% i am positive a single will work for you. I’m going to suggest a few tweaks to help w/ hills and keep it from being rocket speeds:

your setup (assuming 190kv motor): 90mm - 190kv - 10s - 16/36 = 31mph rocket

I would keep the bigger wheels (nice for rough roads), but gear down more: 90mm - 190kv - 10s - 14/40 = 25ish. 15/40 = 26ish.

You could go lower kv like 168/149kv 22/20mph respectively w/ 14/40 gearing. add 2mph if you go 15/40. and another 2mph if you go 36t vs 40.

I’ve yet to break a belt. they are cheap - when well aligned and periodic inspection you replace when worn - you shouldn’t have one break on you. Riding in gravel - don’t. :wink:

I think the 180 or 218’s both will work. I’d stick with Caliber II’s vs any clone, and most importantly dial in good bushings for your weight. Makes a HUGE difference on ride quality (carving in particular) vs the cheapest bushings they send w/ stock trucks. but i’m also not normal size/weight… so my experience is especially poor w/ bushings intended for someone half my weight…

GL!

EDIT - besides cost savings - a single motor is a lot lighter! My GF’s 6355 setup was 14lbs. Haven’t re-weighed since went to 6374 and 12mm 36t aluminum kegel setup. Previously 9mm belt w/ 3d printed wheel gear - fine for her 8mph top speed (not joking), but skipped like crazy braking when i rode. I can still skip the belt hard braking w/ 12mm aluminum gear… So a single i still recommend 15mm if you are going fast and need to stop!

1 Like

Wow. Huge help. Thanks for breaking that all down for me. I think I am more confident that the single 6374 will give me the power/speed I would like and won’t need to add an additional one in the future. So, I think maybe I will go with the 180mm trucks. Keep it more compact, and portable. Prob be easier to fit in a pack pack too.

15mm pullys/belt huh? Ok, I’ll look into that as well.

Well, I just ordered a set of 218mm trucks and a pair of 6374 200kv motors from APS Here we go again!!!

1 Like

hahahaha o no! can’t wait to see it!!

@Namasaki - me too! Just some of the 190kv 6374 from Torque instead of APS.

@VerticalMedia - a good gearing calculator is a huge help when planning. I usually target 25mph top speed as it’s faster than i should go really, but love the 18-22 speed range for fun fast carving!

On the gears - ping @Titoxd10001, and since you are using lbs/ft i’m guessing you are in the US? $20 +s/h for a set w/ 15/40 iirc. Great 15mm gears and especially at that price. Hardest part will depend on figuring your belt length - depending on motor mount and your center to center axle distances (truck axle to motor axle).

belt length calculator. Here’s an example w/ a guesstimate CtC length (otherwise correct - metric - HTD5 - Wheel Gear teeth, motor gear teeth):

are you sure the 218mm trucks would fit 2 6374 motors on one truck? If so i cant wait to do so!!

They said yes when I chatted with them, but u can easily start up a chat on their site and ask them yourself to double check

Yes US. Thanks for the chart!

that’s what I’m hearing. And I know for a fact that my 200mm CNC trucks would fit dual 6364’s and they have a larger wider V in the middle of the hanger.

If your looking for a really solid kit. Check this one out.

Also you don’t have to get diy trucks either. Any 50 degree caliber 2 trucks would work. If your from the us you can get them pretty cheap locally or on amazon.

1 Like

If you are going to gear down go with the 192kv 6374, 90mm wheels, and 15/40 pulley set from @Titoxd10001.

Great combo of power and torque gearing. I have these on my. Board except with a 9S, I may be converting to duals 6374 as I have the mounts/pulleys/vesc s.

Man! did you order the last 6374 from Torque!?!? lol damnit!!

1 Like

@verticalmedia - 6374s in stock :slight_smile:

I should have some 15mm pulleys soon as well.

1 Like

That was fast lol. Great!

hey hey, can you fit dual 6374 motors, not diagonally, like I want them side by side. aswell as 2 12mm pulleys, maybe even 15mm?

1 Like

According to @torqueboards, you should be able to fit 2 6374 motors side by side on the 218mm trucks. I am assuming 12mm on belt size, but I’m not sure. Could be 9mm. 15mm would be pretty sweet

1 Like

According to @sl33py you can run dual 6374 with 97 mm flywheels and 15 mm pulleys…107 mm will only run with 12 mm pulleys…check out the link bellow.

3 Likes

Looks awesome!

sweet thanks matey