12s 8 amp hour slim lipo NEW US only

With what voltage battery?

Same everything. 12s lipo.

The issue isn’t the amount of work the motors have to do. It’s the eRPM they can get to. If you ran dual VESC with that setup you’d just blow up twice as many VESCs.

With 190kv you should not ever hit the ERPM limit, I would put it at 60k anyways just do be safe Your motor should almost always be able to run at max efficiency

How did you work that out? Are you looking at the calculator? It works off nominal voltage, so when the batteries are fully charged the eRPM will be around 67,032.

Hmm. Okay. Should I just go with 10s? This is the first I’m hearing of any of these issues being a problem. @Clonkex setting max eRPM to 60000 prevents DRV blowing. So I’m not worried about this. Motor efficiency not being allowed to shine is now a problem? Okay. I understand. So what is the sweet spot voltage wise for my current set up?

I’m just going off builds other people have done, I’ve seen plenty of 190kv 12s builds

10s will be a good choice, you won’t see a huge drop in power either

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if they’re just setting the 60k limit on the VESC and ignoring efficiency.

+1 to that

This is my thought exactly.

10s is known for being a sweet spot for the vesc anyways

Son of a bitch. JUST bought 2 multistar 6s. They’re currently sitting in my mailbox.

Even if you were to use 12s with the limit set you’d only experience reduced efficiency for like 10% if you ride

Set the limit and you should be fine, you won’t notice the efficiency loss of its your first board anyways

lol well I guess you’ll be setting the eRPM limit :stuck_out_tongue: Either way you’re going to have a tonne of torque.

1 Like

Yeah but running efficiently was never a concern until now. I’d hate to burn up the $70 motor prematurely. I’m SUPER nitpicky with VESC settings because I’ve already fried a VESC before. Not wanting to do that again I’ve done some serious homework on proper parameter settings. I suppose I’ll run it for now and log as much data as possible. You guys are awesome for the info.

No chance of frying the motor as long as you don’t set motor and battery amps to over 100 :joy:

You won’t burn the motor. At 12S it’ll be pretty low current draw anyway and it’s a 6374 motor so it’ll probably only be mildly warm after a hard ride.

1 Like

That’s the plan!!! Gotta get some power under my 215lb ass. Even running at 6s and my gearing, my board scooted me around the neighborhood at a consistent 20mph. Upgrading to 12s is because I’ve gotten far to used to the speed. I want to scare myself. :smiling_imp: