100 mile range (The Big Boy Toy Project)

lol close enough

Brian has been doing the outer layers of carbon fiber, keeping the lines all straight on this lumpy deck is hard…she will be a looker that’s for sure…I’m not typically into carbon fiber, but when it’s the real deal and functional and wrapping baltic birch and maple, then ok, I think carbon is pretty damn sick looking, lol…

2 Likes

Yummy.

8 Likes

10 Likes

how did you make that remote from a hobby king one? link anyone please!

read here:

1 Like

thank you!

Map of my wanted route under my feet for motivation and in case I get lost…

25 Likes

Needs fins! but so sweet

1 Like

I would love to make an electric surfboard…its on the bucketlist…

3 Likes

Oh an Efoil is so sweet!

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in updates, it’s been slow going due to me having to move unexpectedly and pack up my shop. Brian has recovered from the holidays and the enclosure mold is shaping up nicely. We keep getting distracted by the art of it all and making it rad.

We are just about ready to cannibalize my 50 mile setup for it’s trucks, I wasn’t able to get a new set in time for this build and I sort of want to hold out for Avenue’s electric hangers anyway. The plan is still 90mm wheels and a single motor to get this thing down the road. I cannot wait to test ride it and report back what I learn.

Now that I’m moved I begin unpacking and building out my shop again. The soldering and electronics all fall to me and I have more than a few things to do for future projects.

10 Likes

The hard part begins!!!

6 Likes

What are you up to there? Are you using that plastic as a barrier for fibreglass?

2 Likes

Yes… exactly…and cf…

1 Like

Just found this amazing thread, any more progress?

1 Like

hey yo i need u to build me a 50 mile longboard man ,email me if u can do that plz [email protected]

i need u to build me 50mile longboard ,if u can do it for me plz Email me [email protected]

My time costs more money than anyone would pay, so learn to make your own or buy from a reputable builder like Dave or LHB…

2 Likes

As for the 100 mile board, I finally have an update, I am sorry its overdue…

The last step in fabricating this board has been the enclosure and it’s been a real pain in the butt for Brain over at Helter Skelter Hybrids. We are literally in the last 10% of the build and waiting on some formed metal to reinforce the enclosure and allow us to sex bolt it to the deck, magnet idea went out the window.

Due to some life issue (moving, job change, new girlfriend) Brain has been delayed but came up for air yesterday for a beer and a bench race. I hope to get this thing rolling within a few weeks and start pushing her on longer training rides.

I worry about the batteries at this point as there’s been better opinions and these are aging on the bench. the enclosure is large enough to have a better battery built later to increase the range further.

On a side note, I got news from Avenue that a 220mm truck for electrics is on the drawing board. I’ve been begging for it enough that I think they caved. I hope to have them built to fit dual HK SK8 motors…the big ones, so stay tuned…

Sorry there’s no pictures for this update, but I promise there will be some in the next. As for people wishing me to build them boards or help design things and such, show me the money dudes, I have a daughter and a day job so make it worth my time before wasting it with endless emails and empty promises. And you other long distance skaters, this isn’t a competition! Turn the strava off and look around, enjoy the wind and the air and shred hard bros, remember why we ride and don’t forget it!

5 Likes